Samoyed dogs

Discussion in Pets started by Mafdet • Mar 11, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    Hey guys,

Does anybody here own a Samoyed? I find they are the most beautiful dogs and I would love to have one? Could you share your experience with them?

2. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    My aunt and uncle just got a new samoyed puppy; this is their third. They are amazing with kids, well they're friendly with everyone really. They also love the snow. In Canada, especially this winter; we do not have a shortage of snow. The new puppy stands at the sliding glass window, trying to get outside to rill around in the snow. Once she does go out, it's hard to get her back in because she's having so much fun. I know they have been thrilled with this breed of dog.

3. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    My grandmother used to have a Samoyed girl. She was just adorable. The only problem was the shedding. Samoyed dogs are heavy shedders, and as their fur is white, the hairs are really apparent as well.

4. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Can confirm. Growing up with a Samoyed was totally terrific, but there was a constant amount of hair falling off of his enormous body. My mom almost went crazy due to all of the sweeping and vacuuming. You can't really keep them outside either, because they really overheat easily if you live in the south and their white coat can get very dirty. Good lookin' dogs though!