Samples Of Beauty Products And Fragrances

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by thisnthat • Oct 4, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever walked into a department store and been sprayed with perfume or cologne? I prefer that they don't just run up and spritz me without asking, but I do like the idea of being able to sample a product before buying it, especially if it's rather expensive.

I've tried various creams, cosmetics, and perfumes, and I found some that I really like. I think Estee Lauder is a nice brand. I can't buy it all the time, but I splurge once in a while when they have a deal going. It's not the super high end stuff, but not cheap either. I love when they give a free gift with purchase. What about you?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is not really an area that I would be too interested in, but getting samples and stocking up is a good way to save some money. Especially on those things that you use up fast, it can make quite the difference.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Some departments stores offer product testers for perfumes and make up for most brands. Some sales staff even offer to do make up for free. It's a great way to try on new shades, brands, or scents for free. Most of my perfumes/colognes were gifts from my siblings and relatives based abroad and they are usually expensive brands that would cost a lot if bought locally. My sister only buys them during sales season. One time, she brought home boxes of unopened perfume testers that she said were priced at less than half the regular price of perfumes and they were original, not the version type perfumes or colognes. It's a cheap way to enjoy scents like CK euphoria and eternity.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are always samples during launches. As a former beauty counter girl I know that there are samples, but usually they are limited in stocks and are used as tools to gain sales and returning customers. The best ones are fragrance ones because during a launch they want people to try them. In the Body Shop and Lauder counters they have small plastic bottles where they can fill up what you want to try. That's a good way to try something if you have allergies or to try foundation colors.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Oscar De La Renta's perfume! oscar-by-oscar-de-la-renta-8-oz-eau-de-toilette-spray-for-women-25.
    But these days I go to Walmart, and found their dollar cologne sprays by their dental things. I found these sprays have a nice fragrance for so little a price, so I started using them. It goes fast, when the supply comes in, so I keep checking and get some as soon as the supply comes back in stock. I love them, for I can get a musk to floral all for just a dollar for 5 oz. spray!

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Actually no, there are supermarkets where we go shoping and there are a lot of perfumes that we can try. No one spray us with perfume, we are doing it ourself to see what smell we like, I have received samples of beauty for free from supermarkest and usally these samples are better than the product itslef!

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really fond of getting those fragrance samples since they are all small and they are just fleeting scents. If it's at least a small bottle then I would be more inclined to have it. Actually, I don't even spend money on perfumes.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Apart from a sample bottle of shampoo that was sent to me by a survey site for home testing, I have never had free samples of beauty products or perfumes. It would be nice to get samples of branded perfumes as they are too expensive to be bought individually. Only one other time, I bought a lifestyles magazine and there was an ad of a perfume from Avon. It had a little square in the corner that we could rub our wrists on for perfume sample and that's the only instance where I received a free sample! Too tiny and too fleeting, gone in a few minutes!;)