Samples

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Jun 5, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you own any samples which never made it into production? Samples can be found at special sample sales and PR events etc.

I own a sample Harris Tweed jacket by an English brand and it is one of the best pieces I won, an absolute bargain at £40.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No I don't but if I knew where to purchase them I would always buy samples. That is a great idea and I had no idea that they sold samples. Where do you go to get these samples? Put me on the list to check them out.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I said in my original post, samples can be found at PR events or 'in the know' sales. These samples are handed out to the press or at special events and they never go into production so they are very rare and that adds to the value of the garment, in my opinion. I only have one sample but I would like to own more if I get the opportunity.

4. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    Sample sales are definitely a great way to pick up some beautiful clothes at bargain prices. I know for a fact they're held regularly in NY. I believe if you google it, you should be able to find a few mailing lists. I haven't had the luck to go to one and despite being in SF, I don't know if there are any sample sales held here. I usually get my fix of high end fashion when the designers team up with mass retailers like Prabal Gurung recently did with Target. Those are much more affordable compared to what his designs usually retail for!