Sam's Club - Still a great way to save money

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by aw1219 • Apr 11, 2012.

1. aw1219

aw1219New Member

Threads:
    I love going to Sam's Club to stock up on my groceries and other items that I use regularly at home. I really do save a lot of money shopping here and buying in bulk. You will spend more upfront but you do save more money in the long run. Even with coupons at the local grocery store, I still find myself spending more because the prices continue to rise. They have delicious hot food that you can buy at their deli. The prices are so reasonable that it is cheaper than going to a fast food restaurant.

2. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    The thing I like most about Sam's Club is that they have higher-quality products that Wal-Mart. Everything, even the food, is often a good brand. I also like Costco and BJ's, but I'm more familiar with Sam's Club.

3. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    Sam's Club is a great place to go to buy items, especially in bulk. You do need to be careful, though. Some prices can be higher than shopping at a grocery store. I always shop the ads and use coupons whenever I can. There are some items that never go on sale, so Sam's Club is a good place to stock up on those things. I find their bakery to be superior. I have been able to buy items at the bakery to host several parties. I like the variety that they have. They have some whole grain breads that are delicious and healthy.
    If you see something at Sam's Club that has never been there before and you are interested in it, buy it. If you take time to think about it, the item will be gone when you go back to purchase it. I found that out the hard way. Last year, I was able to find some inexpensive patio chairs. They were twice the money in other stores. The next time I went to Sam's Club, they were sold out. I wished that I had purchased a few more.

4. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love to go to Sams because I love all the products that they carry. My favorite part of the store is the middle where they have the books, toys, clothes, and other miscellaneous goods. Although I really love their snack bar. I love that you can get a pizza and large drink for under $3 and its an amazing slice of pizza!

5. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I love the snack bar there too! Their pizza is amazing. As for prices, you can get some really good deals, but you have to be careful because there are a few items that it's cheaper to buy them at a regular store. I love their deals on drinks, like the big cases of gatorade or coke. Their frozen stuff is also pretty good, and I love the Black Tavern sandwich meat. You get a huge container for like $6 to $7.

6. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    I like being able to buy in bulk at Sam's. The products are great and the prices are even better. Although the produce section could be much better.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    They are supposed to be building a Sam's Club here in town where our old Walmart was. They moved down the road and became a Super Walmart. I have never been to a Sam's Club, but my experience with BJ's has had me staying away from the the bulk places for quite some time now. I will check out the Sam's Club when they move in. BJ's actually was more expensive for many items then if I were to buy multiple packages of the same item at my local supermarket. I always compare the price per unit or pound to see which one is the better deal when comparing bulk items to non bulk items. I am sure Sam's Club is better so I will see :)

8. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been to a Sams. I guess it doesn't really fit my lifestyle as I prefer to eat mostly fresh, whole food. When you are stocking up, what types of things are you stocking up on?

9. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I save a lot of money by buying meats in family sized packages, then putting them into smaller bags and freezing them. I buy pasta in bulk, spices, and canned tomatoes. Even milk is cheaper there. Dog food is cheaper by about five dollars every fifty pounds. Shampoo is cheaper and so isn't Tide when you buy it in bulk.

10. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I love Sams Club! I know I have to renew my membership, but the cost of this compared to the savings I get is tremendous! Without these savings and buying in bulk I would not be able to get food!

11. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I thought about joining Sam's Club, but I never wanted to pay the membership fees. I agree that buying in bulk is the best way to shop, but first you have to have the money to spend upfront.

12. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    For those of you who shop at Sams - do you have a large family? It is just me and my husband and I can never really see the savings when buying for just the two of us. With coupons and ad sales it seems like I get a better price at Walmart or where ever the sale is.

13. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I do have a big family so Sam's is one of our main stops when shopping. I do buy pet food and tolet paper. I get big bottles of shampoo and refill smaller ones. I buy meat by the case for the cheapest rates. We repakage and freeze. I get the pancake mix and syrups. Honey is also a great deal there. So many good savings. We have done extensive price comparisons. I save the most shopping at Aldi's for most things though. I especialy like the discontinued items section.