Sam's Club vs GFS Marketplace

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by quitetenacious • Dec 11, 2013.

1. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I have been considering a Sam's club membership for quite some time now. I noticed the other day we have a new store called GFS Maketplace. It's under the same principle of Sam's, wholesale bulk packages of groceries but they have no membership fee. Their prices are a bit higher though. Does anyone have experience with shopping at both? Which one would be the better bet for saving overall?

2. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I like GFS better. I think it is great that they do not require a membership. Plus, they are fair to the poor as well. They accept food stamps, which I think is wonderful. I love to get their cans of chili and other items like that. I just wish my GFS was a little bit closer to me.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of this place before but they have a huge markup on some items. You would actually do better going to a place like Sam's Club or Costco. The no membership fee thing is nice but taking advantage of the bulk items by pricing high isn't.