Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs iPad 3

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lindbergh • Oct 13, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Note 10.1 and the iPad 3 are both powerhouse tablets with different features that make them very unique. The Galaxy Note 10.1 has the S pen while the iPad boasts its retina display. I'm planning on buying a tablet myself. Any suggestions?

2. Aumlanka

AumlankaNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you want from a tablet. I would personally go with the Samsung. I like the Android system better than iOS because it is more customizable. I like being able to set my device up more to my personal preferences. It also has removable storage in the form of a micro SD card. It also has the split screen so you can run multiple apps at once. I like the idea of having my email open, a web browser open, and a document writer open so I can see my emails that come through while I'm browsing online and I can take notes at the same time.

That being said, it does require more work to set up Android and there are more apps available in the Apple Store right now (I think that will eventually change as more Android tablets are sold). And like you said, the retina display is pretty sharp. So, it really depends on what features are most important to you. If you want to mostly stream high definition movies then the iPad is probably the way to go. If you want more multitasking and the option to use removable storage as well as increased customization then the Samsung is what you want.

Good luck on your decision. I hope you're happy with whichever tablet you buy.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I prefer Android on tablets over iOS. It's just my personal choice though, I find Android to be more versatile and easier to root than it is to jailbreak iOS.