Samsung Galaxy S6 Coming Very Soon

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Feb 23, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At the beginning of March, Samsung is going to announce the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the world at the upcoming event. The device is expected to feature advanced hardware and improved software. An Edge variant could feature dual-sided edges for added features. Either way, the most notable change is actually a boost in build quality. The company is expected to announce a metallic device rather than the same old, low quality plastic.

If the device fails, then Samsung is going to be in a world of trouble after seeing its profits drop like a rock in the past few quarters.

2. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Oh really I hope this phone will help Samsung regains its dwindling supremacy in smartphone arena.As you can see based on statistics IPhone6 and 6++ sales is quite robust than that of Samsung Galaxy S5.

3. troutski

Threads:
    I highly doubt the S6 is going to vault Samsung back into relevancy for more than a few months. The fact is that the company has made some major missteps compared to its competitors. Apple regained a lot of lost market share by doing nothing more than updating the iPhone's screen size. Samsung can't pull out that many more stops in order to counter its dwindling profits.

4. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on the new functionality (if it has), design or any other new and unique stuffs, if Samsung S6 will be a big hit to the market. Samsung S5 is quite a disappointment for Samsung because it generates not so impressive sales unlike the turn out of iPhone 6 and 6 ++ to Apple.

5. troutski

Threads:
    Well, that's true of literally every tech product from every manufacturer ever made. Companies that don't innovate enough can't succeed. The same applies to companies that misunderstand their customer base. Far too many companies rest on their laurels and then wind up paying the price in decreased or non-existent profits.

6. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I sure hope Samsung can get it together for this release, their S4 and S5 were both a bit underwhelming. It'd be great if they could come out with something on the same level as the S2 or the S3 which completely blew all the competitor's products out of the water.

7. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Well, now the S6 and S6 Edge have been launched and I have to say that Samsung did the right thing with this phones (especially with the S6 Edge). Why? Because they came with something new like the metal and glass body. This will give their phones a premium feel like. In terms of specs, I think there is no surprise, we all know that Samsung delivers the best package for their flagships.

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the new look of the S6, it looks much more sophisticated than the old plastic shell at the back of the phone.

Two major criticisms of the phone though: No removable battery and lack of SD card slots for extra memory make it in many ways like an iPhone. We will probably see higher prices for phones with more memory, and a lack of simple servicing for battery replacement.