Samsung Galaxy S6 I Love Mine

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Noodlesoups • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Noodlesoups

NoodlesoupsNew Member

Threads:
    I got the Samsung Galaxy S6 about a month ago after a frustrating year and a half with a Moto X that broke and had to be replaced twice. So far I have seen my productivity skyrocket since this phone is just big enough to write blog posts and even do research on, but not too big like it's counterpart the Note 4.
    Here is a list of what I love about it over my old phone:
    1. Ultra HD screen
    2. The camera is amazing and takes better video than my point and shoot camera.
    3. Serious lack of bloatware apps compared to every other phone I have had. Most of the apps that came pre-installed were useful or easily uninstalled.
    4. The Samsung Health App. It's not a new feature to Samsung phones, but if you don't own a Samsung all the latest models have a special built in heart rate monitor that you can use to keep track of your heart rate and blood oxygen levels with during workouts. The entire Samsung Health app is Neat and useful, it even tracks your steps automatically and lets you keep track of your water intake, glucose levels, blood pressure, and everything else keeps you healthy.
    5. The fingerprint scanner. It's not my favorite way to unlock my phone, but it is easier than entering a password, when it works.
    The only big downside to this phone compared to my old phone is its lack of automation all phones should have the ability to detect when you are driving and automatically read out your text messages like the Moto Assist feature does on Moto X. Samsung's In the Car app is beyond my current level of technology and only works well when connected to a bluetooth enable audio system which I don't have.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Glad you like your new phone. As I understand Samsung uses android OS. I have not yet tried android myself. I've heard it is less user friendly than Apple and more likely to have apps that have malware in them. But, android is much cheaper, which is a huge plus. Do you think your new phone is easier to use than older androids?

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you like your S6. I've actually managed to put my hands on one, but didn't really suit my liking to the point of actually buying it, so I let it go. Though if you like it, then that's completely ok. Enjoy your new gadget! :)

4. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    You now get plenty of accessories for Galaxy S6. Some of the notable ones are waterproof cases with extra battery juice. These protective cases offer very good protection against accidental drops, shocks, and vibrations and offer excellent impact resistance. You can shop for these accessories on amazon.

5. Noodlesoups

NoodlesoupsNew Member

Threads:
    True! I got a

on Amazon when I bought the phone. It's drop proof, water resistant, has a built in screen protector, comes with four different color plates, and it's not too bulky. Best of all it's only $20! I took my phone straight out of the box and put the case on, can't take any chances with my clumsy hands! :p

#5Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  6. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I currently own the Samsung Galaxy S5, and I've been having troubles with the messaging app on the phone. Does the Samsung Galaxy S6 have the same problem where you have to restart the phone in order to receive/deliver messages? Some of the benefits you have listed are the same for the S5, and I'm not sure if I should make the upgrade yet. :/

7. Noodlesoups

NoodlesoupsNew Member

Threads:
    No I am not having any problems with messages. I live in a very low service area and have had better luck with this phone than any others. As far as upgrading goes, I would not unless you had a free or cheap upgrade option. I am new to Samsung and even considered getting an S4 since so many people are so happy with them for so long. You may be able to download a 3rd party app for texting or uninstall and re-install the app.
    If you Google that issue you may be able to find answers on popular android forums, I know they have helped me in the past. I know there was an issue for people if they went from an iphone to any android phone, they had to de-register from i message to get their texts. Other than that the only thing I could think of is not having good enough signal.

8. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    Okay, thank you! I'm glad to hear you like the phone, though. I do have an option to upgrade at a reasonable price, but I was not sure if I should do that as I am strapped for cash right now. Even the cheapest option for me would be devastating to my budget. I have been researching this problem extensively and have even tried making more room on my phone by deleting large files to see if the phone would run better. I'll definitely consider the upgrade, though. :)

9. Blake Carl

Blake CarlNew Member

Threads:
    I have not used it yet but I want to buy one (new) also I want to read the reviews of it before purchasing.

10. Scarlett

ScarlettNew Member

Threads:
    Have you noticed that the phone is "listening" to you? I've heard that it has a chip, and if you talk about something enough, it will start showing up in ads on your phone (in Facebook and places like that)?