Samsung Galaxy SIII vs Iphone 4S which offers value for money?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jatelo2 • Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I have had an opportunity to look at both latest phone device from Apple and Samsung Electronics i.e Iphone 4 Siri and Samsung Galaxy SIII. Not to be misunderstood, I don own either but work where people use them. The confusion doesn't arise from what either of the gadget can do, it is with their respective pricing. So is there sense in the price difference since I see Galaxy SIII scoring highly in terms of features? Please inform further.

2. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Prices tend to vary between service providers and memory capacity, etc., so I'll assume that the SIII is the higher priced device for you. This is because the SIII's technical specifications are superior to the iPhone 4S in just about every category- it is arguably the most advanced smartphone on the market currently. Besides being an older device, the 4S is also about to be replaced by the iPhone 5, so the price is naturally decreasing.

3. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    Both are really good phones, I'm sure either way you wont be disappointed. I have never had any issue with my Samsung where as my friend are having problems with his Iphone. Also when me and my friend compare speeds side by side my Samsung (being the Samsung 1) is faster. Also with the Samsung being a newer phone I would have to think it has a little bit better technology so, therefore I would go for the Samsung hands down.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Iphone 5. Is it already released or just about to. I also feel that Apple has started to be technologically 'scared'.

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Are you suggesting that even galaxy S 1 is faster than an Iphone? I've never done a side by side comparison of the phones hence that is news to me. It also looks like the Asian Electronic giants are slowly taking over with cut edge Technology! Anyway thanks for the insight.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would go with the Samsung since your getting better hardware - more bang for your buck. If I recall, the 4s wasn't much of an upgrade from the iPhone 4 to begin with, so it's essentially a 2 year old model/design. The only thing I would caution you about with regards to the Samsung is that I've heard some complaints that they are having software issues with it right now. But I would imagine those will be worked out in the coming months.

Looking at the two side by side, the iPhone almost looks dwarfed. Even my Droid Bionic has a larger screen, and is easier to look at and read things on.

7. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I really don't like the iPhone that much but the Galaxy S3 is absolutely amazing. As Alaska7 mentioned, the S3 dominates the iPhone in virtually every technical aspect and going from the App Store to the Android Market isn't that big of a change.

8. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Would you please share what software problems are being associated with Samsung, since I'm planning to go for one. And I here there is an Iphone 5 on the way?

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I love Samsung products. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and one of the main reasons why I purchased this one is because I wanted a phone with a really large screen, but not as large as a tablet. When I told my brother about the phone I wanted three months later SG Note was released to the market. I purchased the phone a month later. I was a Apple customer for years, but I hated the fact that Apple refuses to open up the software. Android is more open and allows a lot of different content and customization. I think the Samsung Galaxy S3 is generations ahead of iphone 4. At the moment most carriers are offering the SG3 at around $300.

10. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I can agree with the fact that Apple has a lot of control over your handset through their numerous restrictions!