Samsung S3 or Iphone 5?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by zuluguy • Apr 3, 2013.

1. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    Basically guys I'd like to know what is your opinion on what phone I should get next I'm quite undecided, but yet at the same time slightly on the S3's side. My main concern about the S3 is the size and if it'll be uncomfortable for me to use so if someone could comment on that then that'd be really useful.

So discuss away! I don't want technical specs for them because I know them, I want just first hand user experience really. Thanks a lot!

2. steam455

steam455New Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard, a lot of people aren't enjoying the iPhone 5 as much as they though they were going to. Most of my friends that got one have already moved on to another phone. I haven't heard anything about the S3, but the other Samsung phones are highly favored, so I would expect the same.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    My hubby has Samsung Galaxy S3. He loves it. It's so light eventhough it's not as slim as iPhone 5. Anyway, we don't like Apple products here in the house. :p

4. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    I have an iphone5 I'm fairly happy with it. Some of the bells and whistles are pretty worthless (cough, siri, cough) in my opinion. I've heard good and bad things about both phones, I feel you should buy from whichever company you feel like standing behind. I have a Samsung tv and i LOVE IT so I'm pretty torn. Just go with your gut on this one because in the long run it won't matter, you will be happy with either. : )

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the Iphone is still an Apple product so... for me it has to be the S3. And damn, is it good, even if a little expensive. It's like holding a piece of paper, the screen is so responsive and beautiful to look at! If you didn't get sold on my words, go to a retail store and give it a spin. You will love it!

6. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    My girlfriend has a S3 and as far as I know she's quite satisfied with it. I use it from time to time and what I can say is, it's a marvelous piece of equipment with great features, very fast, one of the few Android smartphones that really knows how to handle its OS. It could go without some of the apps it comes with out of the box and I've heard of battery issues, but so far we've seen none of them. I'd say, go for the S3, you won't be disappointed!

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were you, I'd wait for the Samsung Galaxy S4 to be released. It soars that it would be significantly better than the Samsung Galaxy S3. But if you really have the urge to purchase a phone right now, go with the s3. Or better yet, go with the Galaxy Note 2.

8. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the great replies guys I was always swaying towards the S3 anyway I just wanted to know peoples view on the Iphone and since most people said to go for the S3 thats what I've done! I've just spoke to Vodafone and ordered the samsung S3 in black and I can't wait now! They even threw in an extra 300 minutes a month for no extra cost and instead of a £50 charge for the phone they put that in for free because I've been a customer for vodafone for at least 10 years!

What a result :)

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I currently have an iPhone 5 and I am very glad I do.
    I was never a Samsung or android person and I was typically always loyal to apple. I love all their products and I am happy with how my iPhone is except how fast the battery dies. I am sure the Samsung has the same problem but other than that I would recommend the iPhone 5.