Samsung Smart Television

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tasha • May 11, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    We recently bought the Samsung led smart t.v and it is great as a television but to use it for internet and anything else is such a difficult thing to do if you are not a computer or television technician. I also found that you need to have a cable to connect with which makes it not wireless and it is a big hassle to plug in everytime you need to log on.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wireless for a dedicated smart TV isn't a good idea anyways because a wired connection is more consistent and faster. I've owned a Samsung Smart TV before, and I have to say that I disagree. They're not that hard to use for the average person, and setup was a breeze. I used a dedicated port on my router/modem to connect the TV to the Internet.

3. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you're right. I can relate to that as well eventhuogh I'm experienced with TV's and devices. I don't know if it would be such a good idea like Troutski said and a wired connection is much more reliable and better because it can get up to the maximum speed, and if it's a TV, I'm sure you will need it.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I think one of these tvs would be so much fun, definitely! I just can't figure what makes it worth all that extra money. I have hi-if tv, i have a computer, and game consoles. What else does it have to make it worth paying for, if you don't mind me asking?

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I personally do not own a smart TV because I believe that they are pretty unnecessary since I can watch all my TV series and movies on my normal TV, which is also a Samsung one. What I do is that I connect my laptop to my TV by using an HDMI cable whenever I need to use the TV as a computer monitor and it does the job very well.

One thing I find odd about your post is the need to plug a cable in order for you to go online. I believe that most of the Smart TVs nowadays are already wi-fi capable and are user-friendly. But I guess, using a smart TV really is not for people who are "tech savvy".

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have a Samsung Smart TV and I like it and have not much problems with it aside from the fact that I don't have much use for any other features since we don't have Netflix here. I tend to use the Youtube feature on it a lot but it's of course still much more comfortable to search and browse on any other device. I'd say the purchase was worth it since I got it on discount anyway and by the time I bought it Smart TVs have gotten way less expensive.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Samsung makes quality products. I do not personally own a Samsung at the moment, but I would have no reservations about buying one if I were in the market for a new smart TV. I personally won't be buying a smart tv anytime soon. Just don't feel the need for it and they are quite expensive. If and when I decide to, Samsung will be on the shortlist.

8. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, Smart TV huh? so, you can basically watch movies from the internet, pretty nice! I think you should just set it up once and for all so that you don't have to worry about configuring it again whenever time you want to make use of its internet capabilities.

9. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I need some lessons on how to use the television wifi etc, my brother has had to come in a few times to help me out but my father just got the curved television and his one works much better.

you can check your emails online and you can also stream movies from the net which is great but you need to know how to work the thing!

I thought we would not have to plug any cables in as I am not a fan of cables running around everywhere but you do have to have a cable connected to my modem for the wireless to work, which is really odd but they said that it is how that television was made, when I compare the one my dad has to mine, it is chalk and cheese. He can Skype and do anything from his couch.

#9May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  10. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung is for me the best in television and sound products, I would not recommend the smart to anyone but when I look at the curved television and see what that has to offer it is really interesting to see the futuristic capabilities and it makes you want to get it, I will stick with my Samsung and even though the wireless doesn't work, it is still a great t.v.

11. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that is a good idea and that is exactly what I am going to do so that it is there for when I do need it!

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not have a Smart TV, I have seen them in the stores and often wanted to know why they cost so much. I may have not understood the concept of Smart TV. There was recently information out that the tv even when off can see what is going on in the room and store the data is that correct, anyone know about this?

13. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not in the Samsung camp here, but in the LG one, and I must say it's quite the same thing, that is, an accentuated difficulty of using it in anything else that doesn't concern actually watching TV.

The instructions that are to be found in the usage manual are very vague and not offering any details, and the same thing goes with the one you can find on their official website. I had to read the instructions in an Internet forum to actually know how to browse the Internet.

14. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not comfortable with that, at all. I knew there was some way that your tv and such could be hacked into to watch you, I just didnt make the connection until you said something.

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our tv is Samsung 42 inches flat tv. It is not led yet and not smart tv either. But I find it real good although I have no comparand. Why I say good is because it is very cheap at less than $500 and that goes with a warranty. So what more do you need?

16. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    That is a little freaky to hear that you can be watched by your own tv. Who is watching? I would think twice now before connecting.
    It is affordable and with technology prices are always coming down to allow for new stock to come in. A good idea would be to wait a month or two after the new product has come in so that you can save some money