Sandwiches

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Treighsie • Oct 4, 2013.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you like sandwiches? Do you eat them often? What is your favorite kind of sandwich?

I have a few. I love a good turkey sandwich! With lettuce and cheese and mayo. On a nice roll or bagel. Yum.
    I also love chicken salad sandwiches. With celery.
    And sometimes a good old PB&J really hits the spot.

One of my children will not eat a sandwich at all! Crazy! I even like the crust. Actually I love it!!!

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I started making up a container full of tuna salad (onions, celery, hard boiled egg, fresh parsley all chopped up) with a bit of mayo on whole wheat bread. The veggies are always a plus, add some flavor and actually "stretch" the amount of servings. I found myself actually going back to snack on some on a bed of lettuce. Everyone liked the convenience and the taste so much I made it up for a few weeks to have on hand. I actually lost weight after two weeks and realized even with the mayo, I was eating lighter.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love sandwiches. The crust is the best part.. especially bread I made myself, there is nothing better. But I don't really eat bread anymore. When I do, it's not wheat bread and I'm not much of a sandwich fan anymore either.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    NOTHING will ever beat a toasted crispy bacon sandwich smothered with ketchup!

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like crispy breaded chicken or breaded pork sandwiches the most. I also like burgers, especially ones that have those crazy modern toppings, but for the prices they are offered I'd usually opt to just get something else instead.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like tuna, but I think that would be a great idea with chicken salad!

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Can we all agree that for the best sandwich experience you got to make it in sliced bread with no crust? Roll some fresh lettuce, some sliced tomatoes, onion rings, mushrooms cut really nice and you are good to go. I love that one from time to time.

8. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like sandwiches on toasted bread, roll, or croissant. I do not like them on sliced bread because the bread feels too soggy. I love egg salad, chicken salad, and BLTs. I think that having a sandwich and fruit or chips is a nice lunch. I do not like to have sandwiches for dinner. I want something a bit more hardy.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love sandwiches, I don't think I have ever refused a particular sandwhich that was offered to me. The ones that I get to eat most is tuna and ham and cheese sandwhich though, since they are the easiest ones to make. I also make it a point to order a burger when I eat out.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been hooked on ciabatta sandwiches cooked on my panini press lately. I love melting the cheese and other ingredients in them, and the crispy toasty crust it creates. One of my favorites lately is simply some ribeye steak seasoned with sea salt and ground black pepper, and some chopped parsley cooked in garlic infused olive oil. Then I cut it up and put it on a toasted ciabatta along with some provolone and steak sauce - then throw the whole thing in the press.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love sandwiches...that sounds good but I prefer chicken or even egg salad to tuna. Or Italian meats =).

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do I like sandwiches? That depends on the sandwich, there are good sandwiches (in terms of taste etc) and there are very bad sandwiches.

Do I eat sandwiches? No, I don't eat sandwiches because bread is one of the worst foods you can eat. It is made with wheat and vegetable fats etc are added to the dough. It's food that will make you both fat and sick in the long run.

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Ciabatta bread is awesome!! I've recently discovered it. I haven't used it for a sandwich yet, but I will now!

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of sandwiches and whenever I am in doubt of what to eat I always make myself a nice delicious sandwich. My favorites would have to be toasted bread with some lettuce and turkey and onion and sauce as well as some tomatoes.
    I can never go wrong with this and it always fills me up.

15. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love sandwiches! I think it's difficult to find a person who doesn't, right?

My favorite sandwiches are Italian types. I love olives, pepperoni, salami and parmsean cheese on toasted bun. I'll even drizzle or dip the sandwich in garlic infused olive oil.

On the more simple side, I love a sandwich with avocado, mayo, honey mustard, tomato, cheese and carved ham.

16. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite sandwiches is a vegetarian sandwich which I eat once a week. Actually, my husband works at Subway so he always brings me free sandwiches and they are delicious. Usually adds cheese, tomato, lettuce, banana pepper, and sweet onion sauce. The first time I tasted the sweet onion sauce in my sandwich, I fell in love with it. This is what adds the flavor although I do not like too much of this in my sandwich because it can get soggy.

17. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love tuna sandwich. I just put cheese, mayo, lettuce in it. I want my bread toasted. I like the tuna sandwich of subway. After work I always buy it.

18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ciabatta will make a good sandwich, especially a toasted sandwich. Real ciabatta is actually quite easy to make, it's basically a simple bread dough with lots of good quality extra virgin oil added to the dough. I used to make it quite often for soups and toasting. Bruschetta is one of my favourite things to eat, I just wish it wasn't so bad for me.