Sara Lee Artesano Bread

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Jun 1, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got this loaf of bread for free a while back, with Kroger's Friday Freebie. I had bread at the time, so put this in the freezer, and have been eating it for about a week now. I noticed a difference right away, because the slices are thicker than the traditional bread. I have a toaster with wider than normal slots, so it wasn't a problem, but they might fit in the standard toaster slots, just without much room around them. I also feel a little fuller with this bread, so don't have to eat as much with it, and don't feel hungry again after a few hours. This bread has a very nice hearty flavor, and it tastes good on its own, with eggs, peanut butter and jelly, and also lunch meat. It's a really great all around bread for everyday purposes. I will definitely be buying it again.

I looked around and found a coupon that expires on 6/18/16, in case anyone would like to try. If you see this and that date has passed, you can just do an internet search for Sara Lee Artesano Bread coupon and there'll probably be at least one.

2. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    While I'm familiar with the Sara Lee brand, I've never tried their Artesano Bread. My favorite is their honey wheat loaf. It's so soft and so good; I use it with pretty much everything! I will definitely look into the Artesano Bread it sounds pretty good from your post. Thanks for sharing!

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just at the store yesterday, looking around in the bread section. I saw the Sara Lee honey wheat, but I have difficulty with wheat, for some reason. It sure did look tasty, though. I had seen the Sara Lee brand before,and obviously had heard of it, but usually opted for Pepperidge Farm or Orowheat when I wanted to spend a little more money. I'm sold on the Artesano bread though, and picked up another loaf yesterday. One slice is all I need for breakfast, so I'm saving my breakfast egg for lunch these days. If you try it @rosemoon@rosemoon, I'd be interested in hearing whether you like it. I find it nice and hearty.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Sara Lee products have not made a visible prescence in my country. The Artesano bread is no doubt a good one. In my country, the most popular bread is Superloaf which I suppose is made from refined wheat since there is no brown bread from the same company. Going back to Artesano bread, you have not stated whether the cost neuters the benefits. I suppose there are excellent recipes for making nutritious breads at a fraction of the cost of bread found in store bought bread especially if one uses unrefined flour got directly from the farmgate.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I actually see that they carry this bread at the local Walmart and the price was not to bad either,also it has a handmade taste and soft texture as well. They slice it very thick and it has a golden crust, and also it has a very european look to it which is cool. It looks very nice to make french toast out of also,but has no artificial flavors,colors,or high fructose corn syrup.