Satellite internet vs DSL/Broadband

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by messlisa • Dec 15, 2013.

1. messlisa

messlisaNew Member

Threads:
    I live in the woods, so it is difficult for me to get any type of internet service...I have DSL and sometimes it can be a pain..I was just wondering if anyone has satellite internet and could tell me if it was any better?

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We have dsl internet and it has been pretty stable for me. I've heard good things and horrible things about satellite internet. I would suggest that you do more research into it before you go with it.

3. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I used to troubleshoot for one of the larger telecommunications companies and the types of services available whether it is Satellite, or Cable can vary greatly depending on where you live. You also mentioned that you live in a wooded area and I'm not sure how far you're located from a major metropolitan area, but there are always more choices for those who live in or around a major city. It's worth checking into though, because you never know. I know the company that I worked for were putting in new cable lines all the time so fiber optic cable could become available to you soon, if it's not already, which is always a good choice. I have home networking with my cable and Internet service and I have for quite some time, which is the modem and router in one and I rarely lose my Internet connection, plus my Internet speeds are off the hook!

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I will choose DSL anytime. Satellite TV is very limited. DSL/Broadband does a lot of things and you can work your way to have access to channels if you have it.