Saudi Arabia?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Feb 26, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have any of you traveled to Saudi Arabia? What are some attractions worth seeing in the Gulf Kingdom? The Kaaba maybe?

For those of you who haven't been there would you visit the Kingdom considering that they have been on the news lately for human rights violations? Or if human rights don't bother you much, what of some of their ridiculous laws which need to be followed? For example I've heard it said that:

"Women, foreign and local, must wear an abaya in public."

2. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I'm sure Saudi Arabia is a beautiful country, but I would feel restricted traveling there. For one thing women are not allowed to leave the house without a male relative accompanying them. I have never worn an 'abaya' and do not feel the need to do so.
    While I respect the Saudis' religion and choice of dress I wish they wouldn't force it on visitors to their country. So no, I wouldn't visit Saudi Arabia.

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I
    I know what you mean. I have several female friends who wanted to go together with me to Saudi Arabia for a tour. I highly discouraged them from going citing essentially the same concerns. They still wanted to experience a country with a large muslim population so we went to Turkey instead.

4. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I would like to say that Saudi Arabia is a scared country for Muslims and every year millions of people go there to see their scared places like as Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi. I must say there is a wide range of attractive places for travelers. Like As:
    1. Masmak fort
    2. Jamaraat Bridge
    3. Jabal Thawr
    4. Hejaz Railway Museum

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have immediate plans of visiting the country. I'm currently contented with watching it from afar through videos, pictures and other media channels. I have friends and relatives who work there and they told me that not only is the place so hot, it's mostly desert and stone-like houses everywhere. Sure, there are nice buildings and other infrastructures but I'm more inclined to gush over castles and temples. Besides the unreasonably strict culture, I'm not really attracted to places with limited to zero vegetation.

6. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't want to start any argument, but I just can't help myself, my blood is about to boil over!!!

Isn't it funny, that in their country, they require foreigners to obey their laws and customs based on Muslim faith. But when they move to a foreign country themselves, they expect the country to bow to them and allow them their own customs and religious freedoms. Hello, people?!?!?!? Does this not scream hypocrisy and warning bells?!?!? They will not tolerate and allow others religious freedom, but expect theirs to be followed even by foreigners???

Ok sorry I don't mean to offend anyone but this is a major issue in our current world situation.

7. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    For some reason, I have no desire to ever go to Saudi Arabia, just because of the way they mistreat peopl, that becomes a whole turn off for me , I do not mind wearing the abaya, but just the treatment hey give to people is what bothers me the most,maybe if that changed, then maybe one day I would not mind touring that part of the world.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Saudi Arabia is offering most sacred spots of Muslims. So every year billion/million Muslims visited there. Instead of that it has plenty of other mesmerizing attractions. But unfortunately there is no social life or Tourists society. People can go there with work permit.:) I haven't make my any visit there yet, but i had a wish to must take a visit there at least for once in my life.