Save cash by buying games with high replay value?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by prettycolors • May 21, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Have ever considered buying games with high replay value and then playing said games until you master them completely? That could save you a lot of money on entertainment. Take open world RPG's for example - Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind or the Witcher. The worlds are huge and the number of quests overwhelming. I've seen people play such games for hundreds of hours. And this without mods or user generated content!

So, are you playing your games to completion? Or are you just buying them based on hype only to never reach the ending?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, games with high replayability have a much longer longevity, this is especially true in RPG's with large character customization options, like the ones you mentioned for example.
    Another category of games that has high replayability are multiplayer games, especially shooters.
    That's why games like Call of Duty sell so many games, people know that they can buy it and play it for the entire year until the new one comes out.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few RPGs and a couple of the Elder Scrolls games and I agree that you get more for your money with a big open-world game than with a short linear game that takes a week to beat.
    Even Grand Theft Auto 5 has an online component that lets you do more than the core game. It's not necessary to buy every game that comes down the pipe. You can wait a while and fully master the games you own.