Save Journey

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by bsdgds • Mar 14, 2016.

1. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    It's been awhile since I was on this site and so much has happened to me since my last visit.

I got a job and was canned then found a better paying one the next week.

I can technically pull in about 3440 after taxes per month, yet I can't save anything because I keep impulse buying.

I wanted to use this thread as a means of documenting my journey to save over 20000 per year.

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Welcome back and congratulations on finding a good paying job. I lost my job a couple of months ago and have not found anything but since we are moving out of the state at the end of the school year I see no need to try to hard to find one. I used to have this problem with impulse buying but over the past 6 months I have had to work hard at not doing it. I had to file bankruptcy because my bills just got too out of hand and I could not afford to pay them anymore. So I have no credit cards to put those kinds of purchases on. I have had to ask myself if it is something that I can live without or do I really need this? It is hard because sometimes I use shopping for therapy and that is not good. I wish you all the luck and I hope you keep up filled in on your journey. Good luck.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's great and welcome back to the forum. I for one am planning to save at most $700 in 3 months' time because I want to quit my job and embark on a new one in another country. Now, you might think: that's too small an amount. I live in a developing country so such an amount is already a big deal here. I'm trying to make ends meet with my current job and with all my online gigs. I just hope, like your goal of 20000, I can reach my goal of $700 within 3 months! Really tall order for me.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure you can save money with this site since discounts, coupons, promos and other ways to save money are the focus of the threads. However, this is the first time I've heard of indicating a quota on how much to save. Well, since saving money depends on the incoming and outgoing money, it's all about the impulse and the shopping habit that would dictate your savings.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi @bsdgds@bsdgds! :) I'm really interested to see how your savings plan goes. I also think that having a specific amount for your goal could also help in disciplining yourself to save up for a certain amount. This way, you would know how much you have already saved and how much you still need to save depending on your income and the amount of time you have set for yourself.

6. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    We're all on the same boat. Looking forward to more of your posts.