Save Money at Walmart

Discussion in Hot Deals started by hellocitty • May 28, 2012.

1. hellocitty

hellocittyNew Member

Threads:
    Walmart promises to beat competitor's prices. Instead of knowing all of the competitor's sale prices before shopping, you can go to customer service and ask what their 'comp' prices are for that day. They are aware of the deals they need to beat for that day. My mom has been doing this since she found out about it when a register clerk told her that her milk was on the comp price list for that day.

Enjoy!

2. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    i know alot of people do this in my town, however there is also a local "superstore" that will match and give you 10% off any competiter price, so i tend to shop there

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My Wal Mart is a supercenter and no one knows anything there. You pretty much have to do everything but hand your own change over to yourself. I doubt this comp list would work with our "extremely efficient" workers.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure our local Walmart's customer service will tell anyone what is on their comp list but I will have to give it a try. If it works, it would be really worth it. Thanks for the tip!

5. ukfan41

ukfan41New Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I believe that they will match almost any price and they have the other prices memorized. I think the walmart supercenter is a great fast stop for everything one could need for decent prices. They are putting mom and pop shops out of business though.

6. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I know that Walmart always matches competitor prices but I wasn't aware that you could actually go to the service desk and ask them for the comp prices. I am really surprised that they do this. It is a good thing to know. Thanks for the tip. I will try this out tomorrow.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also didn't know you could go to customer service and ask what are the comp prices for the day. The prices at Walmart are good but not always the cheapest. The Aldi somethimes has better prices on a few items.

8. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the share. I always use Walmart and it is nice to see that I can save some money.

9. themoonrise

themoonriseNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with "Walmart promises to beat competitor's prices". but many of the time others have more great discount deals and offers. Like I have got 10% off on all orders at Macy's.

10. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the share. I love Walmart and it's nice to see that I can actually save some money.

11. Scarletpyxi

ScarletpyxiMember

Threads:
    Their website also has some amazing deals that are even better than the in-store prices, you just have to check regularly when you have a specific item (or type of item) in mind. I saved about $200.00 by purchasing my laptop and external hard drive there.

12. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite savings at Walmart has to be the prescriptions! Can you believe even the most expensive prescription is just $4??? Thats right. Thats cheaper than using insurance. Pass it on..... we don't have to be sick anymore.

13. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I really enjoy walmart, they have really good prices, and always check the competitor.

14. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds incredibly useful! Though I've never tried it before nor will I probably ever will due to the fact that the nearest Wal-Mart is about.... 11 miles away!

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly shop at Walmart but I don't really bother with the price matching. I just use coupons. Walmart's prices are usually pretty low, so I can't recall ever thinking "Oh, that other store sells this item more cheaply."

16. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this, I never knew we could do this. I will have to start doing this. Of course most of the time they won't advertise this to people because they don't want people to know. Walmart is a business and is more worried about making money than their customers saving money. Great to know though.

17. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    I only believe in Walmart's because their services are good that's why i always do shopping over there.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are too many people price matching at my local Walmart. There have been 3 or 4 incidents now where I was standing in a huge line with 25-30 people and their crying kids while a shopper in front of me painstakingly price matched every single item for over 20 minutes. The price matchers need their own checkout lane so that they don't clog up the rest of the lines.

19. zuulspaceman

zuulspacemanNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! I really like to save and I don't care if I have to ask about something on a list. I wish I could go there more often to save, but really I cannot stand the way their stores are ran. I used to work there and they treat people that work there like trash. I just get bad vibes when I shop for too long, but if I need to go there I will be sure to ask about this.

20. TheRealChris

TheRealChrisNew Member

Threads:
    I only use coupons at Walmart, I never really ask for the comp prices or anything like that. The prices are already good for me and I don't really keep track of the other stores' prices. Walmart is just a good place to buy tons of stuff at.