Save Money By Being a Mystery Shopper?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Oct 30, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw a related thread on the boards. The intimations was that you can make some extra cash as a mystery shopper. However, regardless of whether you're making money or not, can't being a mystery shopper be a convenient way of saving cash on some things if you register with a number of different companies?

Anyone actually ever registered with a mystery shopping company, would you recommend mystery shopping for saving cash even if you don't make much for doing it as a job?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this once before and it worked out really well. I had to place an order with Dominos pizza for however much I wanted to spend. I then eat the food, provided the company with my receipt and within 2 weeks I received a full refund of the cost.

Free takeaway!

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have worked for a number of different mystery shopping companies.

Some are definitely better than others, and I've found that it is completely regional, what kinds of shops are available. I can't say that any of them saved me money. For the most part, the shops you do are not always places you'd be visiting in a normal week. I thought of it more like a bonus or a free service. Only a couple have been for places I regularly visit anyway, and those are really the best.

One company that has shops available nationwide right now is

. Best time to log on to your dashboard is the first of the month, when new jobs are posted.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind walking around a little as long as it's within a walking distance to furthest place I'd drive my car to. If where I have to shop is close to a place where I normally go then boy, that's free goodies for me and a little bonus on top of that.

I'll check out the company you mention and see if they'll accept me.

5. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I always heard that mystery shopping was a lot of travel and time for what it paid. A friend had to go to several gas station marts and by the time they did their entire route, they had spent more on gas. I have not heard of the type you can order in home, but that seems like its not a bad deal.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I do this. I'm very choosey about which jobs I do. But just the other night I was able to bring my son to a new frozen yogurt joint for free. I had to dive there, but I made out in the end!

7. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of mystery shopping, but never applied. It seems like a cool idea though. You get free stuff and you're giving them the feedback they need at the same time.

I wish there where ones where you could do it online without leaving your home. That would be amazing.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did Ace Mystery Shopping too. I was able to get one assignment. All they ever have in my area is Costco and I'd feel weird going there again (even though they did have an excuse for you to shop there). Then again this southern place sucks. Also they pay you by a different website, not by PayPal. It's not bad. I just wish I could find more out there.
    I think I've looked into a few others but they weren't available for me. You have to be really careful with mystery shopping. They can easily be scams.

9. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    Mystery shopping is a great idea for me..You get something without spending so much.. I think I'll go with Kaylah..I hope there is an offer online too about mystery shopping.

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am not so sure that this mystery shopping thing should be considered as work. I have tried it but never had so much success. Well I can never give up but will be trying it once again.