Save Money By Getting News Online

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Mar 16, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It’s been years now that I have been reading the daily news in the internet. Almost all the newspapers have their internet version and all I need to do is to click the icon that is saved in my browser. Although the cost of newspaper here is minimal – 40 cents - when computed on a yearly basis, that’s a lot of money. But the downside of internet newspaper is the crossword puzzle which I cannot do when I am in bed. So for the sake of my bedtime hobby, I buy one newspaper once in a while just for the crossword puzzle.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I mainly buy the Sunday edition of my favorite broadsheet because it comes with an extra - a mini magazine which has interesting features. Thankfully, I never have to forego my habit of reading newspapers because our office has a daily supply of the same broadsheet that I read at home. I only read the news online when I'm searching for a specific news or subject. Otherwise, I prefer reading newspapers. Not that there are interesting news lately, I just find it more relaxing to read newspapers. Of course, it makes sense to simply read the news online or watch the news on free TV if you want to save cash.

3. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Now we have the internet there hasn't been a need for me to buy a newspaper. I like that I can look through each paper without having to pay. It makes me wonder how they are managing to keep in business with the free access that they give. They do charge for subscriptions though, and subscribers have access to other stories that you cannot see on the free access.