Save Money On College Text Books

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Aug 25, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    University text books can be extremely expensive, and it's not always possible to recoup your money by selling them back after the semester, because bookstores often have buy back limits. This is something to consider, if you're looking to save some money on text books, or even if you simply don't want to (or aren't physically able to) lug heavy books around with you.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Renting e-books is one of the best things to happen to a college student. I remember when I first returned a few years ago to see that few textbooks costs less than $100. Unfortunately, my school has a hustle where some books are published in-house or a code (from a new book) is needed to enter the online class.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another cute way to save money on college books is to buy used and provided they look new and their condition doesn't change much by the time you are done with them, you can re-sell them and get a little bit of cash which can be used to buy more books which you'll need.

I don't know about renting . . . but for more expensive books I think this would be a good option.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that you could rent e-books, such a great idea. Like what @Denis Hard@Denis Hard said, I used to buy second hand books. This has saved me a lot of money. The only problem is the edition. Sometimes, the older edition books are not that accurate anymore. So I ended up photocopying sections of the newer edition books.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know you could rent textbooks either. My daughter has gone back to school and just purchased a load of books for next semester, this information could have saved her some. I have shared this with her so that she can use it next time she needs to purchase books.