Save Money, Use Suave!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by bellamamma • Jul 9, 2012.

1. bellamamma

bellamammaNew Member

Threads:
    I totally love Suave! I used to always spend a lot of money on the good stuff. In fact, I still do. I use the best make up, the best lotions, the best everything. I consider Suave to be the best, now. I really do. I always used Paul Mitchell. I have really thick, brunette, curly hair and Paul Mitchell always tamed it really nice, took away all the frizz, and controlled other yucky stuff that comes with thick curls. Because of the economy and everything in general with the country (US) I have really been trying to budget. This budget includes personnel hygiene and anything else I can do without/spend less on. It was obvious to me that I was not so spoiled that I couldn't try to find different hygiene products that didn't cost an arm and a leg, so I did. I always noticed Suave before but had never tried it. I was shocked and amazed after trying it last month! My hair continues to stay tamed, soft, and manageable after a month. In the beginning I was so shocked I thought maybe it was just because my hair was adjusting, err, something, I don't know!! It is still beautiful and I absolutely love it. I am now trying EVERYTHING they have! I bought their kids products a couple days ago but haven't used any yet due to original products not being empty yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Anyone else absolutely love Suave???

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really, really like Suave. By buying the shampoo and body washes, I'm able to save enough money on those products that I feel like I can splurge a little more on other bathroom products that I like name brands of. I'm so glad you had such great luck with it on your hair!

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have used Suave shampoos and conditioners for years now. It is a great product for the price and they have a lot more options to choose from now. When they are on sale you can get them for less than a dollar each. I still haven't tried the hairspray. I will have to give it a try the next time I need to get some.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love Suave too, it's very good and it's cheap. A lot people are sleeping on the Suave products because they think just because it's expensive it's better.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Suave has always been a good product. Suave and V05, I find are decent hair care products with a very low price tag.

6. englerja

englerjaMember

Threads:
    I generally use suave as well. My husband doesn't really like it but seeing as my hair just gets pulled up in a ponytail most days anyway I don't see the purpose in spending a lot of money for an expensive shampoo. I like suave though, especially the "suave professionals", if I can save a decent amount of money on shampoo every month then I can put that money towards treating myself to something else that is fun.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My sister has Suave hairspray and I have used it. It worked really well. I don't remember trying their shampoo and conditioner though. My main concern is always the conditioners. I have really thick hair so i need a good conditioner. Some of the cheap conditioners don't work that great on my hair. Aussie's conditioner does work fine, but I'm not crazy about the smell. I have been trying to find a drugstore shampoo and conditioner that I like instead of buying at the salon.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Our family had a stint of using Suave 5 or 6 years ago but I don't know the reason why my mom stopped buying it. I kinda liked Suave products. They are cheaper compared to the other brands and they give the same results and sometimes even beter to the self proclaimed number one. :D

9. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Suave. Then again, I haven't tried the newer formulas. I use Tresemme which is also economical. I use it every few days so I don't see a need to spend a whole lot of money for something that lasts less than a month.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I can also vouch for Suave. I love their shampoo and body wash! I just like to choose a pricier conditioner, but shampoo is just there to clean your hair and runs right down the drain. I like to spend more money on leave in conditioner treatments or other conditioners that will make my hair strong.

11. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Although I'm too chicken to try this method of hair washing, I've read that if you are going to wash your hair with the "conditioner only" way, using Suave conditioner works better than the expensive brands. Why...I have no idea! Someone explained it to me a few years back, but I forgot the reason why using a cheap conditioner is better than an expensive one for "conditioner only" washing.