Save Your Files At Google Drive

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Beast_Titan • Jan 15, 2018.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    My computer just got broken and the only way to fix it Is a reformat. Thankfully I had the habit of uploading my files and even game saves at Google drive. To keep things free, I have multiple Google emails. Once you reach 15 GB files at Google drive you have to pay money for extra space but I don't because a different Google email account can give me another free 15 GB space of files.

I don't use Icloud because that is the cloud service used by the celebrities who got their sex videos leaked because their icloud got hacked.

Saving my files on Google drive didn't make me hesitate to reformat my PC because I have copies of my files secured at Google drive.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I have also had a question answered from your post. I always wondered how someone's private information could be leaked unless they leaked it themselves. I also save my files to Google drive. It is more secured and I can access them from a different device by just using the email.

#2Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Many cloud drives and online storage are just not secure. I think Google drive is much more secure because it is part of the services of Google and by far my email is never been hacked making it more secure.

It is a bummer the storage is only 15'GB but I don't need to upgrade my account because I can simply make another account and get 15 GB free again.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In 2013, someone suggested me to create an account in Dropbox. It was pretty good because I could access my files in the office and when I am home. No need of physical transfer. All I need is to log in to my Dropbox account and I can have access to the 2 gb of cloud storage that is free. But when Google Drive came along with their 15 gb of free cloud storage, I shifted to Google Drive. Unfortunately, Google Drive and Dropbox both stopped their support for Windows XP operating system so that’s goodbye to free cloud storage for me.

5. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I backup my stuff on DVDs, or external hard drives. Cloud storage is not entirely safe, so I don't want to rely on it. The fact that you can get more free space with multiple email accounts seems like an exploit, so I wouldn't be surprised if they put a stop to that sometimes in the future.
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Pretty much everyone and everything has stopped support for Windows XP. You will have to get Windows 7 or newer OS whether you like it or not pretty much.

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I use Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive. These are free cloud storage, you can also upgrade and get larger storage, however, the free storage thay are givig is already a huge space. Good thing about cloud storage is you can access your files even if you are not in your computer.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Google drive for my office files, personal or family files. This is a great advantage in storing those files in Google drive. They can be accessed anytime, anywhere by using a computer, a laptop or even a smartphone or handyphone. I have also several Google accounts to have more storage for my files. I have also an account with Dropbox, but I only use it occasionally. I am at ease or comfortable with Google Drive.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Google Drive is now "Sync and Backup Drive". And they have made few changes in the UI. And apart from that there seems to be some really good options in there as well. Google Drive is one of the good cloud storage out there. I love using them for backing up my personal data. I'd say it can be surely a time saver in many ways.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am still learning to trust all the web back up sites and companies. It is like other things for me where I just tend to grad them out while everyone else seems to speed by. Hopefully slow and steady does win the race.