Saving By Buying Quality

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by to7update • Nov 22, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah lol, Facebook is the best for people to share their miseries. We do have a saying in my country that translates more or less like this, "when the alms are too much, the poor become suspicious", and this applies to shopping too, if it's too cheap, it's because there is no quality!

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yup even I have noticed that if we go for cheap things that might looking like quality stuff but they don't stay for long for sure. Better to go for quality stuff even price is bit high as they will surely stand out for long and in the end is like saving money only. Better to spend better for onetime then spending money again and again for same product.

3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, I like when you typed "even I" @naruto100@naruto100 what do you mean by that? :D

There are certainly products it's worth investing, and there are others we can simply buy the low end range because we know they won't last long, it all depends on the usage and situation.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Actually I was thinking about some offline discussion about same topic with friends. So I mentioned "even I" by remembering that. Lol.

Yes it depend on usage and on product too. As you said we know it is worthy to invest on certain products. And yes there are some products too which we know adjust with low budget as well..

#24Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I always go for quality brands because you know that they will last longer than cheap brands. You heard of the saying that you get what you pay for right? So if an item is cheap, you can be sure that the quality is awful. Even with food, the cheaper ones are the ones that don't taste very good. So if you want better quality, then buy the expensive ones.

6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Sometimes it's not possible to buy quality products. When I returned from living abroad my funds were depleted from paying to bring back my two dogs with me. So I had very little money to buy all my white goods. I bought the cheap and cheerful brands so at least I wouldn't have to go without. Those items are still going strong as well. They may have been the cheapest I could find, but I've certainly got my monies worth. The only thing that is not so great about cheapies is that they are not so attractive.

#26Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is another situation @janemariesayed@janemariesayed, when we don't have money, we just have to buy what we can afford, and sometimes we cannot buy good quality and we know that, but there is really no alternative. In those cases, it's just a matter of doing the best with what we can.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I believe in going for the quality item. There is an adage: "penny wise and pound foolish." This is what one may be doing by going for the less expensive item in the first place. I know someone who had bought cheaper brake shoes in order to save money. But it turned out to be so much inferior to the genuine stuff and the person had to replace it with the genuine stuff soon after purchase.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am always on the lookout for quality over the cost because it is economical to buy expensive items that will last long than a cheap one that will break down tomorrow, so to speak. However, there are also cheap items that last long like my computer keyboard that I got for $5 only. It is wireless and has a free wireless mouse. After more than 2 years, it is still okay. With equipment and appliances, it is our habit to check around for feedback on the durability. So when we buy, we are not really focused on the brand but more on the performance of the brand.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would think there are a lot of cheaper brands out there today, that are just as good or maybe better than the more expensive brands. This is true for running shoes- that if you pay for the most expensive running shoes today they say- they are no better than the mid-range running shoes. These expensive running shoe makers today have spent a lot of money on marketing today-so its hard to find out what is real anymore I think.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I think that buying the quality products is the best way to saving money. It is true that quality cost much more but I think it worth the paying more for a longer time.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @wallet@wallet I too believe in quality but I have a firm belief that we can get good quality at a cheaper price. I personally don't believe that popular expensive brands are the only source of good quality but one has to be on his feet to look for good quality at different stores which have as good or even better quality compared to what the big brands have on offer. Big brands cash-out their brand value and charge at least twice as much as other stores for same stuff.

13. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your statement as i have noticed for example in supermarkets there are a few that have and offer better own products than popular brands.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Surely big brands aren't the only source for good quality. And yes we can get it in low price too with less known brands. People just need to checkout those things personally. And if they have proper knowledge regarding that thing then yes they can find out quality in low price tag too.

But I wonder these days people are more about status than price. I mean big brands are becoming kind of status.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Investing in quality is always the best option to choose. Even if initially it's not something cheap (depending on what you'll buy), in the end... It will always be a valid expense.

There's no point in wanting to save a lot and then having to pay more to solve problems.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To Whom Soever It May Concern
    I agree with all of you that we should not compromise on quality but don't you think that some big brands take advantage of their reputation and charge you what is right price for that particular product! I am a marketing professional therefore I know that big companies spend a lot on advertising and marketing and charge everything from their customers.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I am not professional in this field but I know this is true. They just charge those extra money to customer by increasing the price of the product. That's why I just avoid big brands. These days I can easily find out quality product with less known and new brands too. The thing I need to take is service they provide later on for that product. If their service is good enough then I won't mind going for new brand too.

18. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Apple for advantage the only reason their products are far more expensive than any other brand it's because they consider themselves superior.

19. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I am completely with you on this one.It is not only in our best interest to rank quality higher than quantity in order to save but also for the sake of our personal safety and our health.I like the way you have gone ahead to elaborate that poor quality electronics may malfunction and endanger our lives.Is this really worth it?Is saving that extra penny worth the risk of your television lighting up your apartment in flames?Food is also another gray area when the motion of quality over quantity arises.On one hand it would be cheaper to purchase low quality produce but on the other the results could be catastrophic. On food items I usually consider the type of food though.When we are dealing with an item like rice,I would rather spend less on a kilogram than buy the same kilo at a higher price because the chaff has already been removed.Why not buy more than a kilo with the money left over from buying the ''low quality rice'' and pick the rice myself to remove the chaff?

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are lot of product variations. And if you find out the quality from the specific brands. You'd be going for lot better set of products. In that case I'd say check for the popular brands. Find out how much they are selling stuff for. Then find out where you can get the discounts. I look for the cashback sites. And in that case you can see that buying quality requires a lot of efforts.