Saving Cash On Nail Polish

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Decentlady • Apr 14, 2017.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For those who are into manicure that ends with nail colour every now and then know that the cost can escalate quite high if you are a nail polish lover.

I find buying my own nail polish and nail art items help me use them longer and hence save a lot of cash.

How do you save on your nail polish craze?

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a nail polish lover. However, we buy our own nail polish. I have never done any nail art on my nails. But my sister-in-law had done it by herself. We never go to any palor for nail polish or nail art.

3. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    We buy our own nail polish and face masks, typically on Amazon and have girls night spa parties to do them ourselves! A lot of fun and cheaper.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not bother myself with buying nail colors. My nails are beautiful enough that I wouln't like to apply artificial colors on them but always thorough wash. To that extent I am already saving money not going for one. I do think that some expensive items we buy may just have cheap quality alternative

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually apply clear nail polish and that's it. I have my own kit at home - nipper, cuticle remover, nail pusher, brush, merthiolate - and I use them to clean and trim my nails. There are days when I feel like being adventurous with my nail but these are rare. I think it's an advantage that I live within 10 kilometers from my sister's house and we sometimes bond by doing each other's nails and sharing nail polish.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I have a family member who is really into doing her nails. She always wears a different color, jewels, lots of fun stuff. She paint them differently for every holiday and occasion as well. She has developed quite a collection of nail polish and other decorative items.

She often gets discounts and uses coupons. She also sometimes buys those larger collections of colors. It seems like you get more for your money that way (kind of like buying in bulk, as applied to other items). She and her friends also share. They sometimes go in on deals together too. So, if you have a friend or family member that is also really into painting their nails, you might be able to get some savings that way.

Several different companies offer sets. See if you can find nail polish sets that you can go in on together. Split the cost and them split them up accordingly.

I always liked the Sally Hansen nail polish since it seemed to last longer than some of the others.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wish I could afford manicures, but since I can't I look for bargain on nail polish. I found the cheapest nail polish to be at Walmart so walmart.com is cheap too, aside of the shipping that is. Some products have free shipping so it's great. I buy nail files on sale and look for in-store specials for them too. You'll save money doing your own nails and looking for sales on nail polish and nail files or clippers too.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a nail polish lover and I have never had manicure in my life. I am not that interested in beauty as I always believe in inner beauty. As far as nail polish is concerned I wear it occasionally when I have mood and have absolutely nothing else to do. :D

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe You will definitely save money by doing your own nails. Even with some of the fancier polishes, it's less costly than paying for a manicure (and don't forget tipping the manicurist).

I think Walmart online is doing free shipping for orders over $35.00 (if that deal is still going). They have free store pick up on many items too, so if you aren't going to spend that much, you can order online and have it shipped to the store. Just pick it up next time you go there. I've done this a few times, and it has worked out well. I avoid shipping charges whenever I can. I save a lot of money that way, and I'd rather spend the money on more stuff than on shipping.

#9May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017