Saving Electricity Consumption By The Fridge

Discussion in Utilities started by remnant • Jan 24, 2018.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Most people may not have come across this one, keeping your fridge full may save electricity costs. You see, when the fridge is full, the food acts as an insulation reducing the time required for the fridge to run. What approach do you use to save on energy consumption by your fridge?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On the contrary, when the fridge is full, the compressor tends to work more to maintain the temperature setting. We have observed this phenomenon during the holidays when our electric bill goes up because our 2 refrigerators are always full with leftover food, vegetables and fruits. It is our electrician who said that to us that's why we don't pack the fridge to the maximum.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    What I have always seen my parents doing before they finally sold the fridge, is that they unplugged it from the socket or they just turned the power off. It is true that a fridge consumes more energy and I doubt if there is a cheaper way of keeping the fridge running while saving on electricity. Maybe it depends with the type of fridge. I hope smaller ones require less energy compared to the big fridge.