Saving money at home with your favorite recipies

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pennylane • Sep 23, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like to cook at home to save money. Cooking at home while making my favorite foods is a lot of fun since I enjoy the process. My favorite recipes to make are pizza, burritos with guacamole, and steaks with some sort of wine reduction. One dish I'd like to try soon is making sushi.

Which restaurant dishes do you enjoy making at home?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For breakfast, it's pretty much the same thing every morning, eggs and toast, and sometimes I will include sausage, bacon and/or some veggies such as spinach or broccoli, as well as some cheese. I alternate between fried eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelettes. The potatoes I like to make into home fries. Breakfast is more or less one of the cheapest meals of the day I cook.

For lunch, now that I am working from home and have access to my kitchen, I will make some stuff that is a bit more time consuming instead of a quick sandwich with lunch meats. Often times I will wind up making either fajitas/burritos or some light pasta dish, such as turkey sausage with peppers and onions over egg noodles. Spaghetti with tomato sauce with tuna in it is another favorite.

For dinner I will usually spend the most time cooking, and it's also the most expensive meal of the day usually. Typically it's a meat and potatoes dish, with some veggies on the side. I may even start a roast in the oven shortly after making lunch so it will be done in time for dinner. Otherwise I will pan fry something and make a pan sauce to go along with it, or just grill everything.