Saving Money At Shows

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by RomanAnthonysMama • Feb 2, 2015.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love to go to live concerts during the summer. I don't really mind paying extra for tickets, since I know they are bound to be on the expensive side, but I'm trying to find ways to save money while inside the actual venue.

Food and drink tends to run really expensive, and they usually do not allow you to bring your own. I've never heard of sites that let you pay in advanced for casualties like that, but I think it would be cool if they had one. I may just not know about it if they do. It's just that while I'm spending so much on the tickets, I don't think it's necessary to spend an arm and a leg while enjoying the show. Festivals are a little better since they have more vendors to choose from, but I'm looking for advice on how to save money while at live shows. Thanks!

2. jewarren

jewarrenNew Member

Threads:
    If you're going to a show where there is a parking area and you're allowed to tailgate, that's definitely the most sure-fire way to save money. My friends and I always have tons of fun tailgating. We bring our own food, whether it be a big thing where we bring hamburgers to grill, or if we just pick up sandwiches at Panera. We also always are sure to bring a cooler full of drinks (beer, water, etc.). Some arenas will allow you to bring a bottle of water in with you, as long as the cap is off.

We probably pay 1/4 of what we'd pay if we were to eat at the show. Plus I feel like I get to enjoy the show more because I'm not walking around hungry and looking for food.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, this. Some festivals too. We used to let the cap on our water bottles, but hide extra ones somewhere on us, so they just threw away the caps at the door, but we had more, so we were fine and all.

But you should not go to a show already and thirsty, that's just asking to get robbed from sellors!

Though if you are thirsty, better to splurge on some water. I remember being at a Green Day show, in a good place of the crowd, and I started feeling thirst. I ignored it, I did not want to lose my spot nor did I want to pay the extravagant price for water. But eventually, I could think of little less than how much I wanted water, and I think it did impact my experience in a negative way!