Saving Money From Home!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by wallet • Jul 6, 2017.

1. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Here we have a show on TV where they teach us how to create stuff and not buying them from stores. They show us how to create great paintings or different shelves that you can make it from a wooden plank wrapped with string and fixed with two supports.
    I will give you an example, you can create a painting from a wooden plank (it depends on you how big you want your painting to be), so you will anoint the plank with glue diluted in water on wich you will put a picture with face down, let it dry and after that, you will add water to it and start to peel it off.
    You will see the image will remain on the wooden plank and look so original, and when you add it on the wall your guests will ask you from where you bought it!

Attached Files:

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Now that is a good idea and this is really awesome. It saves money from buying costly paintings ad buy only when we need it. I will try this technique and share it with you guys. Thanks for sharing.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a good idea, although I still don't quite know how this is done. It appears as if someone actually painted an elaborate picture on a piece of wood as opposed to gluing something onto it. It looks really nice though, I especially like the saying on it about love making a house a home. It's a beautiful looking piece.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am not into crafts, however, I really liked the idea. perhaps, I will give it a try. But I am not sure whether I can reproduce a good art on the wooden plank.
    I never spend big money on home decoration things. Instead of original painting, I will buy art prints, which cost a way too low than the painting.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it will never hurt to get some extra income since it will help you to save money as well as improve your financial situation

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love arts and crafts and this one is a great idea which I would love to try. The painting is lovely and it looks like it is painting right on the wood, very creative. Yes, one can save making our own home decorations and even better having to make them exactly how one would want it. Thank you for sharing this awesome idea.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    That certainly makes me think about the value of art and the whole idea of aesthetics, but I guess that is a whole other story for another day. Seems like a great idea though and I am sure there are lots of examples.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Even I have seen many TV shows kind of that. It really show some great ideas using which we can make good things from waste. So its kind of making great from waste. Yes there are many things which are not in good shape and we thinks that it is no longer used. But we can use many of them for other purpose. That's what we can learn from such shows. And also internet is full of videos which can teach us how to make best from waste.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills that I need to get the most out of these types of TV shows (which, by the way, are great :D). It's always something very useful. ;)

10. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I love DIY projects. Some of those shows are really great. I remember one that used to have a segment called "Trash to Treasure." They had different guests who would come on to show off their creative ideas.

Pinterest is a great site for finding tons of creative ideas like these. They often have tutorials as well.

Not all projects are for me, but there are some that are really nice. Some of the artwork turns out surprisingly well for the materials used. You can definitely save some bucks, especially if you get your craft supplies on sale.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Using some of the old items can save you money. And for this reason I think I usually check the youtube videos. Some of the channels tell you how to recycle the old item. And how to make DIY projects out of them. I also make use of the coupons before keeping them into trash. I have found out that even paper coupons can be used in some DIY projects too.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a really neat way to save money. I am not too much into painting at the moment but this can truly come in handy for those looking to be a bit constructive and save some money. I love television shows that actually help you find ways to save a bit of money. Wish there were more shows like these in different categories.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    This is a nice, creative do-it-yourself method, which not would only save you some money, but would also bring you some joy when others might commend the piece and enquire of where you may have acquired it from.

14. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Saving money is one of the most essential things in life as it can help you live more comfortably and have a future plan for emergencies.