Saving Money On Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasha • Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Well when we were kids, my mom does the same. Since we are 3 girls, the eldest gives her outgrown clothes the younger ones, and luckily I'm the eldest :) But even so, my mother still get my siblings new clothes. Now that they are older, they always want new clothes and they go shopping once a week to get new dresses and clothes even though they already have tons of them. On the other hand, I seldom shop for new clothes, since I like creating new stuffs out of old stuffs, I do it with my clothes :)

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The best way to save money when it comes to buying clothes is to buy products that are on sale or especially the products that have the rescaled values (because in this case, discounts are usually higher).

I've already saved a lot of money on clothes bought on those occasions.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    You know what, I see a lot of people selling their baby clothes, strollers, etc. for quite cheap, and some even sell the clothes in bulk for like $10, like they say, "take all for $10", so you might want to look for buy and sell groups in your area on Facebook, there are many good deals out there.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As an average income earner, it is impossible for me to save for the clothing. What we do is to buy those clothings is set aside my 13th month pay for that.

In the government, the employees are entitled for one-month salary for their annual bonus. It is mandated by law. It is usually given not later than the 15th of December. We usually call it as Christmas bonus.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife and I are currently in Hongkong for a short vacation. I'm on the lookout for the prices of items that she buys. But this time, I feel comfortable because our haunt is the flea market instead of the usual boutiques in malls for shopping for clothes. The prices are surprising, so cheap in the flea market although the downside is the brand. Most of the clothes being sold in Mong Kok flea market are generic.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    The hand me down practice was more common when I was a child because clothes then were quite expensive compared to people's income at the time. Nowadays, however, cheap imported clothes, both new and used, are flooding the local market. Today's RTWs also don't last as long as they make them in my childhood and most of the time, it's torn or faded by the time a child has outgrown them. For this reason, many parents save by buying cheaper clothes that are expected to last for a few months to a year.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you that will help us to save a lot on clothing. I actually only spent money to buy clothes for my eldest son, especially when he was young.For my two younger ones, I usually only buy one or two new clothes for them for new year. Other than these, they have been wearing the clothes from my first child, or hand-me-downs from others too. As for my eldest son, as I have been getting many hand-me-downs from my neighbors, I don't buy much clothes for him now too.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Another way I save on clothing is buy less expensive clothes for my casual wears and also have some of that for my sometimes work use. The less expensive clothes must look good in appearance and be of good quality. The only issue will be that they may not be of superior quality and may not be new or trending.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    A good way to save on clothes is to plan for those usual sale events and try to stock up on whatever you may find suitable and to your liking. Sometimes the sale may be out of season but you can store the clothes for the next time it may be appropriate for.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You are right that is a good way to save big money.Too bad I couldn't pass down my clothing to my younger brother since I am female. Now that I have my daughter I have saved up a lot because my little sister passed down some clothing items to my daughter they are only three months apart but those few months make a huge difference. I saved a couple of bucks for two years thanks to them.

11. John Struart

John StruartNew Member

Threads:
    As you know there are numerous online store from where you can buy clothes of your choice. But one thing should be noticed that before buy anything you should check the different online sites from where you can get what you want . After that compare the prices of different sites, then buy from that site who provide clothes at reasonable price. This will be helpful for you for saving money on clothes. You can also buy women tees online and much more at affordable price

12. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you really want to save money with clothing, Buy brands known to be durable because it can last longer and you can use them for years. Cheap clothing usually gets broken in just few months. I also prefer plain shirts because they never run out of style.