Saving Money On Ebay

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Nov 19, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you know that you could capitalize on others mistakes to get some great deals on eBay?

A number of Ebay sellers misspell their listings which makes it harder for someone searching for these items to find them. Since fewer people will be bidding on said items, smart online shoppers can take advantage of this, bid low [if bidding is allowed] and save some money.

Wouldn't be hard to find such deals, you'd ask. No. There's a site that makes much easier —

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've bought from a few misspelled ebay listings before and I agree that they are great as a resource of buying certain items. I never bid though so I mostly only take advantage of this by not having much competition in fighting for the last few items of a certain product or seller. Thanks for the site recommendation though I'll make sure I go there before ebay the next time I'm out to shop for certain items because who knows I might get better deals than I was originally supposed to.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I never knew that there was this sort of typos at e-bay and no bids at the site because of typos. Thanks for the information to get things you need from e-bay so cheap. I need a nylon watch band and as I experimented with your link that brought the cheapest I've seen so far for nylon watch bands and the mailing rate is cheaper than mailed from the U.S, Thanks!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know people would do this to be honest, but I see people using tag and keywords to get into a search. You would imagine people would spell check their listing, especially the headings, but some don't.

I think also making an offer when there are no bids is worth it, because the seller may just want it over and done with, especially if it's a one off item. Professional sellers with multiple items won't, but some people just want to get rid of things. I did when I wanted to sell a gift from an ex-friend. I just wanted it out of my house as soon as possible and took an offer.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly, I've never been lucky to come across those LOL But it'd be fab. In any case, I've kind of fallen out of love with eBay, and have cut right back on my shopping sprees on the site. I think the site's gone south, with the sellers becoming very complacent. Nobody seems to care much about good service these days! Thanks for sharing anyway, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard :)

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is great information lol. But I cannot use it sadly, because I don't bid on items. Whenever I go on Ebay I am usually looking for something specific, as far as items go. I usually just want to purchase items. The items that you can purchase always have a set price, so this is a useful tip. But it is not for me.

7. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I enjoy the challenge of a bidding war but perhaps I will check listings that are loaded with incorrect spellings thru FatFingers. It may drive me crazy though. Because I will want to tell the lister. :)

8. Henry_Varro

Henry_VarroNew Member

Threads:
    The problem is that now, there are a lot of sellers that are not satisfied with the price and will just cancel the auction and re-list the item. Even if you legitimately won the auction, there are sellers out there that will back out. A friend of mine won an auction, the seller just said too bad, you're not getting the item, canceled the sale, refunded the money, and just re-listed it.