Saving Money On Flight Tickets

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apart from the obvious — comparing what other airlines are charging, it's also a good idea to compare how much it costs to fly from different airports. Some travel experts suggest that if there's an airport a little further off [100 or so miles] from where you live you need to find out how much it would cost to fly from there because sometimes airfare from such airports could be somewhat lower. If your calculations [including the cash you'll spend traveling to that airport] show that you can save some cash, why not travel from that airport instead?

Question is would you forgo the convenience of of traveling from the airport closest to you?

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Flying can be so expensive especially if you have a large family like me. We of course, compare prices and shop for the best deals when it comes to flights. One key is booking early, we usually save money that way and it eases my anxiety about waiting until last minute.

We live in central Florida so we are right in the middle of the Tampa airport and the Orlando airport so we have 2 majors to chose from when flying. I don't have a preference either way so we normally chose what ever is the cheapest. I don't see anything wrong in doing that, especially if you can save some money in the process and not go too far out of your way. :)

Danyel :)

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I would try to do that if I could. There is an airport about ninety minutes from where I live. I'm not even sure where the next closest one would be. I would fly out of another one if I could, but I feel like I would waste more money driving there then I would from flying out of the airport near me. I'll have to look into that sometime soon. My sister moved to Kentucky in July and my mother and I will be flying out to visit her in a few months. It could be cheaper for us to try it like you suggested.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I totally understand what you mean. For instance, there was a time I tried to to book a flight bound for Korea and discovered that it's a lot cheaper to go directly to Seoul than to land at Incheon's international airport. Although Seoul's supposed to be the capital, Incheon has more international flights, thus making trips going there more expensive.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. Here in the Philippines, there is another international airport, but it is far from Manila. I think about four hours worth of travel. I do not want to go there even though the fares are usually cheaper because it is very stressful.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is a good thinking to travel to a airport far away to reduce the cost of travelling. It is very convenient to travel in your own car till the airport and then take the car back. However, hiring another vehicle to go till the airport is not such a good idea as it will be equally costly at the end of the travelling.