Saving Money On Food During Holiday Season

Discussion in Food & Drink started by luri • Dec 15, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Holiday season is coming. Holiday is a time when you have to spend a lot of money on food. How do you manage to cut expenses on holiday food?
    I invite few people, generally only those people who have invited me in the recent past. having few people in your gathering saves a lot of money on food.

2. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Lucky enough is that, in my region, it is a tradition to carry some food with you when going to visit someone. It is not usual for someone just to visit a friend or relative empty handed. Therefore, you can always replace what you have spent haha. Others even give out money.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During the holiday season, as in other times of the year it makes sense to look for sales to find the best prices on items that you might want to use for the holiday season. It is just one of the things that you need to look for when trying to save money.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The leftovers will be my food for the week post holiday season. Sometimes I just heat them in the microwave while sometimes I recycle them into a different dish.Leftover chicken or turkey can be used for salads and sandwiches. Leftover cake can be used for milkshakes.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Go pot luck celebrations and everyone brings their specialties to the party. Usually the host will have the main course and drinks. Your guests if very close can get in touch with each other and you'll have your menu for the holiday season. If not to close holiday gatherings, it's hard to go pot luck, for you got to know the menu. If this doesn't work for you, you could have a light hors d' oeuvre type of party with mostly snacks, lots of drinks from fruit juice to liquor.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    This is interesting to read and a way we can get to share with others what we have and in return save some expenses. However, it is important we ensure the meal we eat from others are safe to avoid stories that touch.

7. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have that much expectation about the coming holiday since it is one that I've celebrating for some time now. I will want to see how I can be in the best mood and eat that which I can afford and save money from the excess that I would have wasted money buying.