Saving Money On Shoes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jul 2, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I know that shoes are starting to get expensive, especially if you have to keep buying them. I will sometimes get mine at Payless. It's a good store because then you are able to get shoes that are okay, and they last for awhile. I have gotten two pairs of shoes there, and they are pretty good. I'm sure that there are other places that you can get cheap shoes. So, where do you like to get your shoes? Where do you find you get the best deals?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just get them from Payless as well unless I have a specific model I'm thinking of that could only be purchased at specific places. I think buying lots of inexpensive shoes is one of the best tactics to save on shoes since it takes a lot longer for them to wear out when you are able to have more options and use each less frequently. Another way to save money on shoes is to take good care of each one as best as you can so proper use and storage is key.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Payless and been to their stores quite a number of times but I've never bought anything from there. Maybe because I still find some of their offerings still expensive. I buy most of my shoes at wholesale and retail stores. It's more cost-efficient if I buy shoes in bulk because wholesale stores usually give great discounts and you can also bargain for prices.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy shoes in the mall. The biggest mall here is SM which means ShoeMart. Its original business is shoes so that's where I buy, from their outlet in their mall. It is cheaper than other shoe stores and branded as well. But they also have other brands (aside from theirs) so the selection is varied.

5. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Yeah, I have also noticed that also. Like they have boots in the store that cost $50. Sorry, I'm not paying that much when they are supposed to be a cheap store. I could find them somewhere else for less money. I mean sometimes they do have good deals, but you have to get the shoes that are less expensive. I mean sometimes it's good because I have gotten sneakers there cheap, but sometimes it's just too much money.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There seem to be two schools of thought about this. Either you can make higher initial investments and therefore own fewer shoes, but they’re all high-quality, buy-it-for-life type shoes - or you can buy multiple pairs of cheap shoes and rotate between them so they don’t all wear out at once. I’m still not exactly sure where I stand. I do enjoy the idea of owning fewer pairs of high-quality shoes, as my tastes are quite well-defined and I dislike owning too many possessions. However, my budget still doesn’t quite allow for that. If it ever does, I find 6pm.com to have some decent deals.

Putting the budget aside, I’ve also found shoes to be hit-or-miss for me. I’ve had various cheap ones from Payless over a long time span; some have lasted for ages and others have fallen apart after maybe a year of heavy wear. And some higher-priced shoes have given out on me after only one or two wears. But it’s likely that’s my own fault in part, since I bought them before I ever thought to look at reviews online first. So it’s all down to the individual and what they expect out of a shoe, as well as how much variety they want.

7. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @LeopardJones@LeopardJones I love 6.pm! I shop there all the time for shoes because it's such a great site. You can find high-end brands on there cheap. I have gotten boots and other shoes on there. I like going there if I'm trying to find something cheap. That's always the first place that I like to look. I think that overall Payless is a good store, but like you said some shoes are good and others are not. You ca have shoes that will last you years, and others that will last months. So it is a hit or miss with them. Usually when it comes to wanting to get the higher priced shoes, I wait for my birthday or Christmas and ask my parents for them. That way I don't have to spend so much money on them.

#7Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
  8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @danielle davidson@danielle davidson Haha, I’m kind of the same when it comes to higher priced shoes. Actually anything a bit pricier in general. Holidays and gift cards/funny money are godsends when it comes to that.

#8Jul 5, 2015
  9. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @LeopardJones@LeopardJones I mean sometimes it is good to find something that is cheaper, but other times it is harder. Holidays are always the best because you are able to find good deals during them. That is one time of the year that I like shopping for the things that I need. Especially black Friday. You can always find the best deals there. Even when it comes to clothing.

10. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I like Payless, too! They have great deals especially when they have the buy-one-get-one deals. I also love their clearances. Sometimes, I look at thrift stores for shoes that can still be used or in good condition. I am not really picky when it comes to shoes, so I am good with hand-me-downs as well.

11. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I am lucky because I have an outlet mall about 20-30 minutes from my house. So I am able to go to these malls, but it is great because I am able to get the great deals that I want to have and am able to save quite a bit of money on the shoes.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to like Payless, but not any more. The shoes seem to have gone down in quality, so even though they're cheap, I also have to get rid of them more often.

I actually find a lot of luck getting gently used shoes at thrift stores for a fraction of retail price.

13. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @Waynefire@Waynefire Wow, I'm sure that you are able to get great deals there! I have been to a few outlets and I find that you can get the best deals there. It's weird because I would never think that they would have good deals. Most of the time when I think outlets, I think expensive clothing. Saving money is great, and that's what I always try to do. I'm getting my first apartment soon, so I'm always looking for ways that I can save some money.

#13Jul 7, 2015
  14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just try to always get my shoes on sale. Ross is a great option as well if you find one that has a good shoe selection. They have really nice shoes if you are lucky to get there when they just restocked. I even bought tennis shoes in there, from Nike and Reebok.
    I have flats and a sandal I got at Ross from Steve Madden for less than 15 bucks each!

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe in spending a money for quality shoes. Poorly made shoes can cause trouble to body alignment which can cause pain. I get well made high quality shoes because I have a hard to fit foot, can not go into the regular shoe store and purchase shoes. I do have only a few pair because of the high cost to get the shoes.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy shoes usually at SM as well, and I used to shop at Skechers for my casual/ rubber shoes.

17. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    Here in the UK, there's a great shoe store called Shoe Zone. I don't know if it exists in the US or not, but it's pretty good for me over here. It's always very affordable, and if I ever want to buy a new pair of shoes, I go to Shoe Zone first. They often have many good pairs of shoes for under £10, and some better quality ones under £20, which is very good for shoes. In some other stores, a pair of similar shoes will cost about £30 - £40. If you live in the UK, for saving money on shows, Shoe Zone would definitely be my recommendation.

18. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I also buy my shoes from SM. This is really a great place to choose shoes from as they have a wide array of choices. They have everything from the cheapest to the most expensive brands. I love this brand called Parisian. It is a local brand I think. They have all styles imagineable. I love their ballet flats and even their high heeled shoes. For casual or sporty shoes, I love this brand called Kicks. They have really affordable rubber shoes that look cute and also last long in me.

19. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I think Payless is a great place to get shoes at a great price. Where I live we have shoe carnival and rack room shoes, they also have great prices for shoes. Also depending on what type of shoes you are looking for you can always try Ebay. I have found nice sandals, flats, boots and heels on Ebay for great prices with free shipping.

20. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    One of the places I like buying shoes is at DSW. I think they have great deals especially when the shoes go one sale. I believe in buying quality shoes. I find that when I buy the cheap shoes they don't last very long and they often hurt my feet. I believe in buying quality shoes.