Saving Money On Tea And Coffee

Discussion in Food & Drink started by luri • Jul 4, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    One of my regular money spenders is tea and coffee. I drink 6-8 cups of tea and coffee. When I make tea or coffee in my home it cost about 10 cent and when I buy it it cost me 15 cent. By drinking tea and coffee, I am spending about $30 in a month. Based on the foreign exchange rate, this is quite big amount here.
    I am thinking to cut the number of drinks. If I can cut number of cups by 50 percent, I will save $15 every month.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my drip coffee on sale only. I just bought Maxwell House coffee which had a bonus so instead of 30 oz I got 36.2 oz for sale price which is terrific. I brew it add my milk and herbs plus my Stevia, put it in my thermos when I go out. I buy from McDonalds just a dollar for a hot cup of coffee-no refill though. I always look for coffee deals. McDonalds has unsweetened iced tea fro just a dollar and it's refillable! Saves a lot of money when you brew your own and cart your thermos with you with your favorite brew.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    6 to 8 cups a day? I think that's too much. I read that too much caffeine can also be harmful for you. I remember I had heart palpitations after having 2 large glasses of coffee. So I think juice is more cheaper to drink than coffee. Why not try replacing coffee with those powdered juices that can be bought in the supermarket? It will save you a lot of money in the long run.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My friend, I think you love tea and coffee just like me because I and my brother consume 4 to 5 times a day and sometimes this number has increased. But we consume this number of times only when we are at home but not when we are going out. We will stick to just one cup. Also, it saves money.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot imagine drinking that much tea and coffee in a day. I have one cup of coffee in the morning and I do not usually buy any when I am out and about. I prefer to drink water the rest of the day. I have a Keurig and use store brand coffee pods which are cheaper than buying the brand name coffee and they taste the same to me anyway. I also buy the biggest box which saves money and it will last me for 2 months. I brew 10 oz and that is what I limit myself to drink for one day.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Any size coffee and sodas are currently 1 USD at my local McDonald's. Well, I think it's for both of them, but it might just be for sodas. However, I'm sure buying at the grocery store is still cheaper, but it's still a good deal.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I drink either tea or coffee everyday but not too much. I only drink either a cup of tea or coffee when I woke up and one before I go to bed. I used to drink a few cups of coffee everyday since I was a coffee addict a few years back but then I figured out that it isn't good for the health so I cut it and replace it with more water that's why now I don't have any problems about my coffee addiction.

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You are right cutting the number of drinks will help you to save 15 dollars, but it will help your health as well. Drinking so much cups of tea and coffee in one day may affect your health as well, so I think you will save money that you would spend on doctors and medicines.

9. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink the coffee as much as 5 to 7 tall glasses a day and I like mine cold. But since I am not that picky when it comes to coffee, I just buy mine in the stores. I am okay with those instant coffee which just costs me a dollar for 6 glasses. But if I would be going for brewed coffee then that might cost me a hell of a lot more. but even though I buy cheap coffee, I have lessen drinking coffee to a glass or two every day. It would save me a bit of money and I would be healthier.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I one of those people who are addicted to caffeine and sometimes end
    up using a lot of coins to sustain this habit. I recently tried to cut
    out sugar from my tea as a first step but it came a cropper. I think
    the best method in my case is to go into a restaurant only when I am
    hungry and in the other instances, ask for a cup of hot water as a
    healthy substitute to tea.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could save more money on coffee, but Starbucks is one of my heaviest addictions. I'm totally crazy about coffee and I can't avoid it. :D

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely LOVE the aroma of Starbucks coffee; but the cost per cup is crazy expensive, so I just sniff as we go past the Starbucks stand and do not buy their coffee, except maybe 1-2 times per year, I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the mornings, and in hot weather, sometimes I do not even have coffee.
    When it is cold weather, like in winter, then I also make hot tea to drink, and usually you can get a good-sized box of the store brand tea bags pretty cheap.
    Kroger used to have small cans of loose tea; but they stopped carrying that, and now only have the little tea bags or the instant tea, which can be used either cold or hot, depending on which you want
    I don’t mind the instant tea for my iced tea in the summer; but when I am having hot tea, I much prefer to brew it fresh, and I think that it has a much better flavor this way.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I drink a lot of coffee also, but always drink it black most of the time, and also I brew and drink it at home which can really save you money. Although the other day I visiting my mom, and I had one of those pumpkin-spice latte coffees at a Starbucks- inside a Target store while I was shopping, and it was quite good,it was around 4 dollars for a small one though. My mom drinks tea though, so she had a chai tea-but I would go broke drinking coffee at Starbucks, but its a nice change to have somebody else brew your tea or coffee once in awhile.