Saving Money On Weed Killer

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Rosyrain • Apr 26, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Now that spring is in full swing (although I am bitter right now that Washington is experiencing the wettest winter/spring in recorded history...who would have thought it could rain more around here!!!) I am looking to save some money on weed killer because it is expensive in the store. Does anyone have any suggestions for homemade hacks to save money on weed killer? I am mostly interested in keeping the weeds out of my garden, but feel free to share weed killer for lawns and trees as well.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Some of those weeds cam be eaten. A big example is the dandelion, You can add that weed in salads. These are some weeds that are actually edible:

Having a pet guinea pigs may also help because they do eat them. You can use their droppings as fertilizers too.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I researched a bit, bought a bit and the best so far is for killing weeds is hot water. I bought the safe ecological expensive ones on sale, does not work well at all and wow was it expensive!!! So back I went to research a bit longer, then I came across an article about plain hot water to kill weeds. I put 4 coffee maker hot boiling water pots pouring it on the weeds that pop up in my backyard, that's mostly red brick at my apt. home and the weeds die out eventually. I keep putting hot water from my coffee maker right on the weeds that pop up after rains and they die out not returning. No smell, no dangerous chemicals to pollute the area in the long run and it works. Just got to keep killing the weeds with hot water when they pop up. This is not good on lawns though.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We just hire a guy who trims our weeds every few months, but since you are asking for home remedies then you might want to take a look at this site: