Saving Money With A Pharmacy Transfer Offer

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I changed one of medications to the pharmacy at a new grocery store that just opened up. So, I got 20 dollars worth of free groceries. I was overjoyed. Also, I have done this in the past at different drug stores that open in areas close to me, for savings on items. I mean it is always possible to transfer your items back to another store if it is not convenient. Make sure the prices are roughly equivalent at the new pharmacy and ask if they have a special pharma discount card for even more savings.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen this in quite a few places and it's worth doing if the place is local to you and the service is good. Most people don't think about it or get so used to a place that they don't do it. My ex-landlady used to go to the same pharmacy to get her prescription what was 3 miles away, when there was one a 10 minutes away. I could never understand why she did it, but she said it was habit.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is best to do it when a new store opens with a pharmacy they will frequently offer a deal like that to get people to change to their pharmacy. Even existing stores ocassionally run promotions like this though to get people to change their prescription to their store. I have often transferred the prescriptions back to the original store, after using the discount coupons..but it is a nice way to get some savings for awhile.