Saving Money With Food Allergies

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cocolgooh • Jun 9, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I find it difficult to buy cheaper products because of food allergies sometimes, which can mean I need to budget more for foods I need to buy that are allergy free. When I first found out I had food allergies it was really difficult trying to adjust, and a huge shock just how expensive these products can be. Bread for example can be 4x the cost for less slices if you need it to be gluten free. I tend to make my own bread now a lot of the time, but I also found that there's a supermarket nearby that reduces these at the end of the day like they do regular bread. Most of the other supermarkets don't reduce them. It's useful to know that this one does.

I also found that sometimes at certain times of the year they tend to greatly reduce everything in that aisle, such as reducing all the holiday themed stock afterwards. I don't really care if my chocolate bars have santa on them in July for example, so I stock up on things during these sales now to make the most of getting allergy friendly food.

How do you save money on allergy free food?