Saving money with friends

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • May 17, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This would mostly interest ladies because they tend to buy more clothes than they need and some which they hardly wear. So here's the tip:

If you have clothes in your closet which you don't wear then it's possible that some of your friends also have clothes they've either never worn or won't wear because they gained weight or something. You can save money by calling your friends together and swapping clothes.

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I did this a little while ago actually! I had a bunch of old clothes that didn't fit me any more, but after asking her, were my friends exact size. It was mostly black jeans, work tops (kimono styles, beaded neckline, blouses, etc) and black skirts (circle, pencil, etc again). She was really happy to get them too! Cause she needed some dark clothes for work, and I figured I'd rather give my old stuff to a friend who could use it then just donate it to be resold or resell it myself. It all works out in the end.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Me and my friends do this all the time. Especially since we switch up our style so often. She might go on a rocker chick type style while I do a girly style. We switch up pieces when we are tired of a certain "look". It saves a lot of money and allows you to shop in your friends closet.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just came to learn that it's not the ladies only who can benefit from this. My nephew told me about his friend who'd been hired to do some work in some store. Everyone who works in the store must at all times don a white shirt and black pants. Since my nephew had a number of white shirts, his friend who didn't want to spend cash to buy new white shirts opted to get my nephew to swap his white shirts with some different shirts of his. Since they're almost the same build this was a good trade-off.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's great, so in essence you both have two wardrobes to draw from.
    I wish guys could easily do this as well, it seems like a great advantage.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that this would be a really great way to be able to save money. I will invite my friends to do the same. This would surely give us additional clothing cash, or new clothes.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like a good idea. Actually for that have a lot of clothes can benefit from this. Who knows, you might end up getting a lot of good clothes that will fit you well and you can give away those that do not fit you actually. You can even have a club where you can get together and see who has what to offer.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My friends and I used to do it years ago in high school. We would organize parties for this particular purpose. Unfortunately they never worked too well because even though there were 6 of us none of us were the same size, with the exception of shoes. This was a great way for us to update our wardrobes (if we could find stuff) and save money, not to mention it kept my closet always clean and organized.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is a fantastic idea and I did used to do this a lot at high school when my friends and I were of more similar sizes and also had similar tastes in clothes. Nowadays my wardrobe is a little too tailored for my own body mass but I do still have some articles of clothing that could benefit anyone of any size. I rarely get to do this with my friends nowadays, but it's only mostly because we're all too busy and I just give my clothes away at the end of the year as charity anyway. I much prefer just giving them to the needy, but I agree that otherwise, it's a great way to get a fresh wardrobe without having to spend much for both parties involved.