Saving On Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jul 8, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I'll try to do the same thing. I mean that's really what you want to do. I will wear clothing that I had when I was a freashman in high school still. Yeah, sometimes we will use old workout clothes as rags too. So it's nice because they are almost able to serve a duel purpose.

2. srock

srockNew Member

Threads:
    I used to be addicted to consuming but the sense of comfort and gratification quickly fades. Now I focus my energy on cultivating my inner world, a strong sense of identity that comes from within, and creativity rather than consuming. If I feel like I need a self confidence boost, I do something I'm good at or exercise and then admire myself in the mirror.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays, I buy 2nd hand clothes more than brand new ones, so it's easy for me to splurge on them because they're so cheap. Just last Feb., I bought 14 pants in one sitting online just because I can afford it and I like their designs. But when it comes to brand new clothes, then no, thanks. Lol.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I do yes and although I think being one of those few people that dislikes shopping along with the fact that I take such an incredibly small size that is extremely hard to find and especially so if wanting a good fit - is probably something that goes a long way towards helping me save money.

Having a stylish but classic taste appears to contribute hugely too and particularly so - as my main priorities when shopping are quality over quantity as well as comfort - along with whether something is versatile enough to mix and match with the majority of the clothes that I already have - as not only does that give me a closet full of clothes that can be mixed and matched as well as dressed up or down to suit every occasion - but also clothes that rarely ever start to look even the slightest bit shabby until I have regularly worn them for many, many years and as when they do - I generally wear them for doing things around the house and garden - until they drop – are great value for money too.

So yes - although I do occasionally buy things if they happen to catch my eye - I do normally only shop for clothes if I need to replace something - which I have to say does save a huge amount of money.

5. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I have been wearing the same clothing so long that many people are beginning to look at me funny. They are beginning to make fun of and bully me. I get stares almost everywhere I go. I get a little upset with myself. But when times get rough, I think I needed to cut this expense out of my budget.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love going to the outlet malls and getting good quality clothing at discount prices. I find good quality clothing will last longer and if you buy something that has a classic look, it is more likely you can wear it for many years. I have clothes in my closet that are close to 20 years old and I still wear them. No one would ever guess they are that old.

7. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I only buy clothing pieces here and there. Nowadays I find myself thrifting more and more because I get to find unique statement pieces that I know I can get good wear out of for good prices. My wardrobe (and style) changes pretty often so I'm always donating items either because they don't fit or because I don't wear them at all. It's a waste of space just to keep it in the illusion that it's saving me money.

8. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:

I am the same way! I love clothes and shoes! But I have found it a lot cheaper to get my clothes online on sites like wish, ebay or Amazon. I can find jeans that which normally cost me 20 in a store for 10 online. And that have other sites like the 10 dollar mall site where all of their clothing is 10 or under. So that's how I am able to save on clothing and shoes I just get them online.