Saving on gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Peninha • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that a good idea to save money on gifts is to do the gifts ourselves. One of the best gifts I received was from a friend who recorded me a CD with my favorite songs and hand-wrote on the CD the names of the songs, this was almost 10 years ago!

What do you do to save money on gifts?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy gift items during clearance or holiday sales, because the price gets really reduced around that time. Also, giving foods as gifts can definitely save you some money. I haven't given anyone a handmade gift yet and I don't think I would want to.

3. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    It's nice to buy a few generic gifts at clearance sales to keep on hand for future impromptu gift-giving. But, I do like receiving and giving hand made items. For instance, home baked cookies or treats in a nice gift bag make good gifts for almost any occasion. I like to sew and I make coasters or pot holders to give as gifts. People like a personal touch and everyone uses such items around the home.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good option too, I have a friend that is buying now toys for Christmas because there are some great promotions going on. I don't think I could save toys for 8 months though, mainly because I don't have space to keep them, but it's a choice sure.

5. kalinaprim

kalinaprimNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think about saving money when I am looking for a present. That's because I like to make most of the present by myself. Especially, if the gift is for someone really special for me. In my view, when you give or receive something made by hand, you receive the feeling also :)

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with that kalina, when we offer something that was gave with love the receiver feels it, but in my perspective that is translated in what you offer, if it meets what the person likes. What sort of things to you usually do?