Saving On Hair Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sunnyside • Aug 12, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from buying cheaper hair products like shampoos and hair conditioners, there is another way that we can save on these products. I know there are some people who would wash their hair everyday or every other day. However, I tend to wash my hair either once a week or every two weeks. This not only helps to save on the use of shampoo and conditioners, but it also helps the hair to maintain its natural oils. Washing hair too regularly can strip it of its natural oils.

Also, I would sometimes use only conditioner rather than using both shampoo and conditioner with every hair wash. The conditioner by itself also has some cleansing properties. There are some shampoos that are very concentrated so a little goes a long way and only one lather may be needed during each hair wash.

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Instead of using shampoo and conditioner, I prefer to use a shampoo with conditioner, this saves me money for conditioner. Avoiding hair styling products such as hair gel, mousse etc also saves a lot of money. Using home remedies and natural remedies for various hair conditions rather than buying expensive hair care products also saves you money.

3. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I've stopped buying shampoos and conditioners about a year ago, after my hair was getting thin, dry and brittle even with alleged natural products. I needed to save my hair. So, I started doing some research on the internet as to how I can clean and nourish my hair with herbs and ingredients from my kitchen. I now use rosemary water, bicarbonate of soda, eggs, chamomile, aloe vera, and I'm still experimenting. I've also been using castor oil and warm olive oil wraps. The result is that my hair has become a lot thicker and shinier than ever before.