Saving on health

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Jun 12, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's pretty obvious that most regular medicines are cheaper because they are com-participated by the state, while with alternative medicines we have to pay the full value. On the other hand, there is the health issue, what works better for you?

What do you think is cheaper, regular medicine or alternative medicines?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me standard western drug medications have never worked. As a matter of fact, the few times that I was persuaded to take some pharmaceutical pills for my complaints turned out to be quite detrimental as I suffered severe side effects.
    I have always taken care of my health with alternative medicines and wholistic therapies. When it comes to health, I don´t think too much about money.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best way to save on health is a healthy lifestyle. When you have a healthy lifestyle, you are already saved from the diseases and illnesses vices and unhealthy living bring. So you wouldn't have to see your doctor that often to check you up and prescribed you medicines to cure your illness. It's fun also, eating healthy foods, following healthy habits and routines, and doing exercise. Go for a healthy lifestyle; abandon the bad you.

4. intimates

intimatesNew Member

Threads:
    These things are really helpful for yoga and i feel much better than before. Thanks...

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. I think we all know what I am going to say as I've said it so many times here, lol.

However, someone beat me to it, lol. I do this kind of thinking and living, and I use a holistic approach like this including alternatives to STAY healthy, and also use them as meds when something happens, like exposure, etc. So within your question, Gelsemium, it's not really just alternative's as meds, it's holistic, what 003 said above, and thanks 003 btw, :) plus using alternatives to be healthy AND for sick care that I do. And YES, it's TONS cheaper, because mostly I'm not relying on someone else's information. I'm taking my own health and care into my own hands. All the way. From well being 'maintenance' type care to actual sick care.

Healthy 'alternative' care could also be chiropractor, and massage, yoga as mentioned, walking, you name it. Its a mindset and lifestyle. And yes, it's that is the 'real' healthcare issue. :)

Also, not to forget, it's this balance, including our thoughts. What we focus on, etc.

Best wishes. :)

#5Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  6. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Doctors have never and will never prescribe something to "cure" you in any way shape or form. You will never hear the word cure used when you are with a doctor. They dont offer cures. They are legal drug dealers offering "supplements". They give you products in a very amateur way being that they have no clue what the "medicines" are. Let me repeat this.. They have no idea what they are giving you.

when you go to the doctor to get an anti-biotic (for example).. If you are sick and decide you want an anti-biotic, the doctor will give you one. The thing is, there are many. it is impossible for the doctor to know the one you need and the chance you end up with the correct anti-biotic is very low. Your odds are horrible.. somewhere between 5-15%.

What does this mean? This means that if you are prescribed to wrong anti-biotic - not only will it not work, it will do nothing but harm you. Anti-biotics are live bacteria cultures that are horrible for us. These bacteria cultures can live inside you for a long time and damage your body.

Doctors know this, yet they give out anti-biotics to anyone that feels ill. My point is, they dont care about you. Their office is a strip club - they are the stripper and you are nothing more then a source of money.

Fcuk Doctors.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    ^ I could not disagree with you more. I come from a family of doctors and not all doctors don't care about their patients and just give out prescriptions without thinking. The half of my family that aren't doctors are lawyers who represent doctors and it wouldn't make much sense for all doctors to behave in the manner you say because then their malpractice insurance premiums would go up so much that they could no longer afford to practice. I think it would be smarter to say that not all medications can cure you and maybe some cause more harm than good then making blanket statements equating a doctor's office to a strip club.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    We should not make generalizations that all doctors this or that, but the fact is that some doctors don't care about their patients and they just want to make money. I know of a specific case of a doctor who was doing a surgery, noticed another problem in the patient that could be solved, but he didn't do it and bragged about it with friends saying, in a few months he will return and I will charge more for that...!!

9. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, we need to eat in moderation, exercise in moderation, intense workouts just make me feel worse. A lot of people say eat healthy. I disagree if you read more than just blogs and "fitness experts" (most of them are completely illiterate) you will find that diet can make you sick. If you eat too much cholesterol you will get sick, but if you eat too little cholesterol you might get diabetes. There is no right diet, you need to eat what feels right for you. I avoid regular medicine, but I don't trust the alternative medicine either. Most of the people who talk about alternative medicine are affiliates of the companies that produce them, or just try to sell you something with the foolish assumption if it's natural it doesn't cause harm.

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, good post limitless, nothing like a little common sense to avoid going to the doctor. On the other hand it's not so easy to "eat in moderation" or better said, it might be not so difficult, but knowing what to eat is something more complicated because today all we see is processed foods and these are highly unhealthy.

Alternative medicines might lack credit due to lack of regulation and this happens because the pharma lobbies want to...

11. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I agree, it's not easy, but we all have one type of food we can't control ourselves around, so you'll eat that food once a week, and you will limit the amount you eat. Everything is processed from the meat to fruit. I read that they put something on the meat to look red.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    They do, it's a fact. The main issue like you say is that most foods are processed and in this processing process (so to speak) main nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are lost. Some of these nutrients and added artificially in the end of the processing, but others, like magnesium for example, are not. This is why our diet is not adequate because food is not dealt with adequately.

13. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you to a point. I don't go to doctors for the reasons you stated here, but there are times you must go, like if your in an accident. That is the time to see a doctor, then and only then! I view them as body mechanics, like a regular mechanic, they don't really know what you need. They just try this and that, hoping not to kill you,lol!

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, I agree, I believe that we are our best doctors and we should learn to listen to our body, when something aches the body is trying to communicate with us, only if we know what he means... :) Sometimes it's inevitable to go to the doctor, but I always try to cure myself first because they don't analyze my specific case, they just give me something general.

15. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. What you just said?

It's bullshit.

As for alternative medicine? Studies have been done into these wonderful cure all drugs. You know all those natural plants and herbs which they claim are in it in bulk are there in the tiniest amounts. Do not buy alternative medicines in a can or a spray, because you're buying snake oil.

You want to go to an acupuncturist? Go ahead. There are scientifically verified benefits to a lot of alternative medicinal practices. Just be willing to look into them. Do your research before you make a claim.

#15Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    The problem with alternative medicines is that they lack regulation and while they are not regulated anyone can pretend to be a natural doctor and is not, and that gives a bad name to all real doctors that know what they are doing. The question here is, why aren't they regulated? Why aren't they acting together with official medicine? Lobbies?

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that if you want to go the alternative route in treating your disease, then you should consult with a holistic doctor first before self-medicating yourself, because if you don't do that, then you might end up with a lot of useless supplements and herbs in your home just because you assumed that it's the right cure for you.

18. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I've been there, I've done that, I have 30 years or more of treatments in all sort of doctors, both conventional and alternatives, I have improved, I've been worse, I think it's really my karma, but I am not stopping to fight because if I don't do anything I feel sick, it's really hard.

19. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    The important thing to remember is 'what medicine is supposed to do' ... your body is a perfectly-balanced formula, until some other factor enters in & knocks it out of balance; the medicine is there to 're-balance the equation' (either by adding more of the one thing or helping clean-out the other).

Hopefully, the state-medicine is as good as the alternative at 'doing what you need it to' (as long as YOU don't focus on 'what the pharmacy thinks THEY'RE getting'); but it's up to you to learn what works for you!

20. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That is a good theory mythman, the problem is that with what we eat, drink and breathe is pretty easy for the body to get unbalanced and when we go to the doctor the medicines that we receive aren't perfect either, sometimes they do more damage than they help us.