Saving on Holiday Gift Wrap

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by NikkiDesrosiers • Oct 15, 2014.

1. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Do you ever save pretty wrapping paper or gift bags that have been used or given to you throughout the year to re-use during the holidays? I mean certainly some themed bags and paper cannot be reused without looking odd - but the ones that can -- do you think this is a money saver or or just a way to make yourself look really cheap?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I save and reuse all gift bags I receive whenever possible. I am not a big wrapping paper person, I actually prefer to use the comics if I don't have enough bags, or I just use tissue paper I have gotten from various places though the year and add a cute ribbon or sticker I happen to have.

3. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I save almost every gift bag I can to save on time and money during the holidays. Bags can be jazzed up with bows and tags too and they are so much easier to fill and carry from place to place as needed. Plus saving the bags saves me a great deal of money on wrapping paper -- which is suddenly so expensive the last few years.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to do this but I eventually stopped because I think ripping up the wrapping is part of the fun so I just try and enjoy the moment as much as I can. I do keep gift bags though because they are much easier to reuse but as for gift wrappers, they don't cost that much anyway so I just allow myself to go crazy especially since I'm usually already very stressed when the day comes so it's a good way to release some stress that way.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't reuse the gift bags, usually because I can't get rid of those pesky stapler marks so they are obviously being reused, neither do I save gift-wrapping paper, that just gets torn when I open my gifts :)
    I do buy those things relatively in bulk though, they go on sale immediately after Christmas and that's the perfect time to buy next year's batch.

6. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I like to dress up a gift with a simple bow and normally I save and reuse wrapping paper and ribbons from gifts I receive. I prefer to reuse rubber bands, string, children's drawings, fabric bags, baskets and other materials to deliver my gifts so they look decorative.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't reuse wrapping paper since I tend to crumple up the paper. However I see no problems with reusing the ribbons or gift bags for presents! It's pretty much in the same spirit as regifting to other people.