Saving On Prescription Eyeglasses

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by MrsJones • Mar 19, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have acquired several pairs of Eyeglasses that I no longer wear because the lenses are of a weaker strength. I haven't pitched them out because the frames are still stylist with a couple being designer brands which costs a pretty buck. Just recently I thought that I can save money by using these frames with my new prescription. Doing so I would only be paying for the exam and the lenses. Are there other ways that you or someone you know save when buying new eyeglasses that are prescription?

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    One of the best things about prescription glasses are all the discounts so many places offers. There's always sales and promotions available, you just have to find the best one to suit your personal needs!

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people buy their glasses online at places like Glasses.com to save money on prescription costs. I think that is the way to make sure that you can save money on glasses. These are just some of the ways that people do save money on glasses. I would carefully review online sites though to find the best places to buy from.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like the price of eye glasses at Costco. They are very reasonable compared to other eyewear stores where I live. I have also saved money by keeping my frames and changing out the lenses when I get a new prescription. I need a fairly strong prescription and my health insurance only covers the cost of glasses every two years up to $250. I also wear contacts so I end up paying for those out of my own pocket. Again, I find Costco has very good prices for contact lenses.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my glasses online from Zenni.com. Old frames can sometimes be used by replacing the lenses but often the frames will dry out or not fit the size of the new lenses and can not be used.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Frames drying out is something that I've never heard of. Thanks for that info. I'll be sure to take all of my frames to be examined to make sure they can still be used that way I won't be disappointed. Good post.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's a practice in my country that the frames are reused as long as they are in good condition and the purchaser wishes to do so. In many instances, people take good care of their glasses so that when the change times comes around the frames may be in a reusable condition, which will result in a great amount of savings for the purchaser because it's the frames that will make up the greater portion of the cost.

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I found this to be true but only after I had to pay 100% for eyeglasses after losing my health insurance. I never really looked at my receipts or made any comparisons but for the past two years I have. It was a reality check and made me think what was more important designer frames or being able to see confidently.