Saving On Printer Ink - Any Tips?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Jason76 • Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use printer ink, instead, I just go to a library to print stuff out. However, if I did, then what would be some places to get a bargain? Also, what places would specifically have deals on color ink?

Oh, by the way, do printers all use color ink, but you just choose black and white, or can you specifically buy black ink?

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to save on printing costs and you only frequently need to print documents in black ink, you may simply buy a monochrome printer which is not only significantly cheaper than colored printer but also has lower printing costs. As for color printers, you can still print even with low or zero levels for some color tank or cartridge but you'll be compromising with the quality of the output. It's great that in recent years, printer manufacturers have produced units with separate ink tanks for each color. Hence, we only need to buy the color that's running low.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too go to the library to print. I have seen Office Depot, Best Buy, Walmart are some places that have sales all year long for printers, paper and ink plus some have repair services for your printer too. If you can wait, there is cyber Monday that got some very good prices. Hawaii is the last place for time to pass, so we got to wake up early to catch some cyber Monday deals which starts mainland time, so it's a bit of a challenge sometimes for cyber Monday deals. Best Buy and Office Depot has weekly sales, so you can check online at their sites if they got them online if you don't get their ads in the mail which comes locally in our Midweek Newspaper, but I don't know about other States ads for Office Depot, Best Buy and Walmart. Walmart usually has very good prices for electronics. Printers can be big, so you got to consider space for it at home for a printer. I print very rarely, so I'll just go to the library for it for now to save money. Just wish the library had color printing too.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Printing black and white documents saves a lot of ink. This is way less ink than compared to the color documents. And it can be really good enough for those who are trying to get their documents printed. And I have found out that printing the paper can be costly. And many cartridges refill companies charge you way lesser in that context. Overall you can see in terms of pricing, you'd have lot better output.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On a printer you can opt to only print in black and white because black ink cartridges are much cheaper to buy or refill. Basically if it is a color one, you need to have them in the printer before it will print, even if you don't want color. The best printer I had was a Canon as the cartridges lasted long and were cheap and easy to refill. My biggest mistake was ever to buy a HP and I will never do it again because their cartridges are chipped which means you can't refill them and you can't buy generic ones.