Saving On Vegetable Juice - Some Tips

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jason76 • Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Vegetable juice is a good addition to the diet mainly because of digestion. I mean, you can take a multivitamin for vitamins and minerals, but it won't do you good for digestion. However, though, vegetable juice seems to work as good as a breakfast cereal. Anyway, what are some ways to save on vegetable juice? Do you all simply grow your own and put it in a blender?

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    It would be great if we can grow our own vegetables and make the juice, as I think it will be really fresh and clean as well. I don't use the vegetables I grow as I only plant a few leafy vegetables in my garden, but I usually buy local food and blend them, such as carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and I think these might not cost much. I also put some aloe vera which I grow in my garden sometimes.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I really wish I can grow my own vegetables but I don't have a garden anymore as I am currently living in an apartament. I remember my husband used to grow several types of fruits and vegetables which would save us a lot of money but after our rent amount was raised we didn't feel it was worth staying at a house.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only vegetable juice I know is tomato juice that we make when we have lots of tomatoes in the garden. Instead of going to rot, we press the tomatoes to extract the juice. However, we don't really drink the juice but we use it in cooking. Another juice that we make is mango which is not vegetable anymore.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Buy the vegetables from Imperfect produce or hungry harvest. Those online stores sells vegetables are cheaper than the pretty veggies from grocery stores. They are safe, organic and fresh but they are rejected by groceries for either being too small, too big or not pretty looking. They are cheaper but fresh and them not looking pretty won't matter since you will just juice them.

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Growing your own vegetable saves you a lot of money. You can easily grow some of the common vegetables such as beans, spinach, letyuce, potatoes, cauliflowers, cabbage, bottle gourd etc. You can grow vegetables on pots, even indoors, if you do not have garden space. When you blend the vegetable and extract juice, I reconned you to use the remaining portion for making anaother dish.