Saving vs investing

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Gelsemium • Apr 14, 2014.

1. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    That is true, people modify their lifestyles after their financial possibilities, so if someone has a better financial situation he will not give up some things that other people with a poorer situation don't even have to begin with and they also need to save on things. If people would be more humble regarding their lives and their positions they owuld be able to save money but they consider it beneath them to renounce even small things that they are acquainted with.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always heard, the more we have the more we spend and if we think of it this makes perfect sense because we adjust our lifestyle to our available income. The issue is that most of us don't have an eye for the business, we just want to live our day to day and we don't worry too much about investment, but I guess we should.

3. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    In my personal opinion, you have to improve your cash flow first and then start building up your savings first. The next thing you need to do is pay off all your debts while continuing to find more passive income to be able to continue saving. Once all your debt are paid and you have successfully funded your emergency funds, you may want to consider securing yourself (as the breadwinner) and your assets against any risks by subscribing to an insurance that you can afford. If everything is in its place, you may want to invest some of your excess funds but make sure it will not affect your saving habit, building up more funds for emergencies and invest only the amount that you are willing to lose. This does not mean that you will lose your money, it is just saying that you expect that investment is a risky business and you have to be ready for that. Hence, making sure you have savings.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No question there owesem. For now I just try to save as much as I can to face unexpected expenses, I don't even think about investing because I need the money for my day-to-day expenses. If at some point I start having too much money I would consider investing sure.