Savings At Aldi?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by guineapigsandgardens • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, some things are dramatically cheaper at ALdi's and other things are less so. I mentioned on here before that one thing that was an impressive value was a gallon of cider for 2.99 when it was 4.99 every place else. There are things like that. Most of the staples are cheaper at Aldi. It helps to know prices though so you know what is cheaper and what is not. Here in this area, Aldi is a hike for me...I ilke the Food Depot which is cost plus 10 percent.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Are you kidding me?

Walmart would easily be one of the most expensive stores for me to do my weekly shopping. They simply do not have the same kind of sales cycle that the high end grocery stores run. And I definitely save a TON of money by shopping at Aldi for most produce, baking goods (and spices), and breakfast foods.

I absolutely agree with many previous posters. I can fill an entire shopping cart at Aldi for a fraction of the cost of other stores. We have one that is convenient so we shop once a week, but if it weren't that easy, I'd do staples stock up there and just store more. You cannot beat it for the everyday prices on sugar, flour, spices, oatmeal, etc.

3. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I like shopping at Aldi's. It's convenient for me, about the same distance from my home to any of the other grocery stores and I don't usually run into a big crowd there. The nice thing about shopping at Aldi's for me is that the generic or off brand or store brand products they stock are good quality items that can be used just as a name brand. I have had problems with Save-A-Lots food quality and I don't go there anymore. One can of green beans with sticks and I am turned off buying for life.

4. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I never went to Aldi's for the savings alone. I usually went to Aldi's because it was on my way somewhere. Not only are the prices just okay, but they don't even give you a bag or anything to get your things home. Nope, not my favorite place. I would always rather go to Walmart.

5. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I never saved a whole lot more when I shopped at Aldi than I do shopping at Kroger. Plus, at Kroger I can add digital coupons to my card, earn fuel points, etc. Aldi also for the most part has much lower quality food than most other grocery stores do.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've only been to an Aldi's a few times because they don't have one near where I live. From what I saw, its similar to Costco, BJs, Sams Club and other major wholesalers in that some of the products have great savings and others not so much. I always find that for staple items such as milk, eggs, bread and meat, these places offer great prices, but for other items such as condiments, the value isn't always there.