Savings On Barbershop For Haircut And Dye

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Alexandoy • Apr 23, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had posted in another thread that I dye my hair at home. Aside from saving the money that is intended for the barbershop attendant, I also save the effort and cost of going to the barbershop. However, I admit that it’s difficult to dye your own hair so my wife does it for me and vice versa, I dye her hair. And with the haircut, I have it after 5 weeks at the earliest. When I was working in the bank, I go to the barbershop every 3 weeks so I am saving on the cost of haircut and the tip.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My dad has been dyeing his own hair ever since his hair started getting white, and he never asked the help of my mom to do it. He would just use 2 mirrors to see the hair on the back of his head. But he never skimped on getting a haircut every 3 to 4 months, since the barber shop here only charges a dollar for a haircut.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is much of a problem for gents. For ladies trimming and even certain hairstyles can be done at home by watching Youtube videos tutorials. So, ladies can save a lot as far as haircuts are concerned.

Dyeing hair is actually easier on men and so men can easily save by hair dyeing at home. Ladies on the other hand, can also dye their hair at home by the help of a close person or calling a saloon person at home. In certain places that is actually cheaper than going to saloon and more convinient too.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have been cutting and colouring my own hair for around 35 years. I have got used to the way my hair grows and can cut it quite easily now. I just got fed up with the number of bad haircuts I got at extortionate prices.

As for colouring it I use a colour as close to my natural hair shade as possible. I have been doing it for so many years I wouldn't even know what colour it is now. I'm probably completely grey!:)

5. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Dyeing one's hair can be a better alternative to visiting the barber.Considering the fact that only cost involved is buying the dye,its quite convenient.Another thing is that one can make their own natural dye from home,saving further on costs.Shaving can be costly especially if one's hair grows at a fast rate.Hence,dyeing is the optimal solution.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have never dyed my hair so for that I have never spent maybe I will start dying it once I start getting white hairs. When I was a little girl and up to my teenage years my mom would cut my hair, I have only gone once to a salon but I hated the results and never went back. Now I cut my own hair as my mom taught me tricks on how to do it on my own. I have been cutting my hair in layers for years now.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to a school for cutting my hair so it costs just $10.21 with tax. It's economical for the most inexpensive Senior Discount I found is $12.

or Hawaii Institute of Hair Design is smack dab in the middle of town on Nuuanu Street. Walk-ins are very welcome. I usually leave a dollar tip too. They do a very good job with the instructor watching and grading it's really safe. I'm satisfied and happy cutting my hair at this school. I just don't color my hair that has streaks of grey now, but I don't mind.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think hair cutting and dying is an area which comparatively very inexpensive in my country so it really makes no difference whether you get them cut or dye your hair at home or go to a salon. You will be surprised to note that a man can get his hair cut at as low as 40 cents and woman at $1 in a cheaper salon. There are expensive salons too but if you have to save money on cutting and dying hair you can avail services of cheaper salons and the only difference is decoration and air conditioning etc and nothing else.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have long hair and I don't go for hair cut once in a while. Normally, I cut my hair once or twice a hair. I color my hair though. When coloring my hair, I use henna, which costs less compared to hair color. I also don't go to a parlor to color my hair, instead I do it myself. Doing yourself saves a lot of money.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have never ever dyed my hair. I maintain a very close-to-the-scalp cut which causes the grey's to be less pronounced. Cutting my hair to save on cost is a no-no for me. I prefer to pay the barber as opposed to attempting to cut my own hair which could go wrong and I would end up at the barber anyway.